Syneos Health Commercial Solutions
You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
There’s one thing you do that’s exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and focus your team to solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and come out on top. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate sales professionals, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for this District Manager role with Syneos Health.
Reporting to the Syneos Health National Business Director (NBD) with close collaboration to the Idorsia Area Sales Director (ASD), the
District Manager (DM) is responsible for the successful management of a team of Specialty Sales Representatives (SSR’s) and Associate Sales Representative (ASR’s) in an assigned district. The DM will oversee the activities and performance of their team and is responsible for meeting or exceeding program goals.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Lead a team of Sales Representatives to promote products to targeted physicians and accounts to achieve specific business goals
- Direct Sales Representatives in the acquisition, expansion and retention of targeted business within the assigned geographic area.
- Participate in the formulation of sales strategies, interpret strategies and apply to business issues within the geographic area. Develop plans that effectively translate national and Area strategy at the district level.
- Work with leadership to establish appropriate behaviors that will lead to sales growth acceleration in the geographic area for launch product of Idorsia
- Full engagement with key customers by developing and implementing strategies that support the growth of products.
- Establish and manage district expense budgets; ensure appropriate return on investment
- Work in the field with Sales Representative’s on a consistent basis, evaluating, coaching and directing live and virtual sales presentations
- Attract, coach, develop and retain individuals who will ensure high level performance
- Provide verbal and written guidance, coaching, follow up, and development of sales professionals in all phases of their work.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with key executives and decision influencers/makers in all key accounts.
- Inspire trust and positive working environment, and demonstrate appropriate behaviors and competencies including: Driving Accountability, Fostering Teamwork & Collaboration, Empowering Performance, Strategic Thinking and Business Acumen, Policy adherence, Process & Procedures, and Respecting Diversity.
- Must operate within Compliance Guidelines at all times
Along with a results-oriented mindset, self-assurance and an encouraging manner, the ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- 2+ years proven 1st line leadership experience in a virtual and field based environment
- 7+ years of relevant life science sales experience
- Valid Driver’s license is required for this position
- Local and national travel is required for this position
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position
- Understanding of compliance & privacy laws
- Previous successful team and product launch experience
- Proven ability to lead and manage significant scope and/or complexity of portfolio
- Proven ability to hire, lead, coach & mentor high performing teams
- Previous Psychiatry/CNS/Sleep Disorder experience preferred
- Must be able to perform all responsibilities of the position
Interviews may be conducted in person at an on-site interview location. For any in person interviews, local Covid safety guidelines will be followed.
I understand that if I am made an offer of employment, it will be conditioned on my demonstration I am fully vaccinated OR I plan to initiate vaccination by my start date AND be fully vaccinated within 4 weeks of start date against the COVID-19 virus.
IMPORTANT: I understand that if the role for which I am applying requires extensive in-person contact with colleagues, health care providers, clients and other medical professionals who have stringent vaccination requirements that all Syneos Health employees with whom they partner be fully vaccinated and will not accept or consider any exemptions. I understand I can request an exemption from Syneos Health’s vaccination requirement based on a qualifying medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. However, in the event that I successfully obtain an exemption, I understand that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to adequately perform the essential functions of this position without imposing an undue hardship on Syneos Health due to the clients’ demands.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health? Our employees voted Syneos Health as the overall winner in MedReps’ Best Places To Work In Medical Sales Awards. Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, you’re empowered to exceed your sales goals with the autonomy you need to over deliver. We’re dedicated to creating better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Syneos Health has launched more sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas than the top 25 pharma companies combined. By joining Syneos Health, you’ll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate pharmaceutical sales?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.