- Coca-Cola Beverages Florida, LLC (Coke Florida) is a family-owned independent Coca-Cola bottler that is the third largest privately-held and the sixth largest independent Coca-Cola bottler in the United States.
- Coke Florida sells, markets, manufactures and distributes over 600 products of The Coca-Cola Company and other partner companies including Monster Beverage Corporation and BODYARMOR.
- Coke Florida was named as a 2022 US Best Managed Company by Deloitte Private and The Wall Street Journal. This program recognizes outstanding U.S. private companies and the achievements of their management teams in four key areas: strategy, ability to execute, corporate culture, and governance/financial performance.
What We Offer:
Eligible full time Coke Florida Associates can participate in our Total Rewards Program which includes:
- Total Wellness Programs including health, dental and vision plans
- 401K program with healthy company match
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Three weeks of vacation pay, and 11 company paid holidays*
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Competitive compensation
Coke Florida is looking for a DOT Compliance Driver Trainer based out of our Hollywood location. We’re currently looking for first shift working Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM. This role will have occasional night and weekend work.
What You Will Do:
This position is responsible for the development of Coke Florida Driver Merchandisers who need additional driving skill training to perform their jobs effectively and safely. The role is also responsible for preparing individuals to attain their CDL Class A for a Driver Merchandiser position. The role requires using effective teaching skills; it also requires understanding and adhering to state and Federal DOT regulations and Coke Florida Safety policies. This role is responsible for teaching both classroom theory and behind-the-wheel training curriculum.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Train and prepare Driver Training Program candidates to successfully attain CDL-A license.
- Ensure active status and compliance toward the FMCSA Training Provider Registry (TPR).
- Responsible for training in-outlet delivery expectations and service standards
- Ensures functional handheld computer knowledge of trainees
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Maintains all records and compliance documents for training program
- Responsible for training new drivers on Coke Florida Delivery Merchandising standards
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely records in compliance with FMCSA guidelines
- Excellent facilitation skills (traditional and virtual)
- Coordinates, schedules, and conducts CDL training and testing programs.
- Provides coaching, teaching and feedback to new and current drivers
- Performs random gate checks and driver audits.
- Manages, coordinates, and implements vehicle accident prevention strategies
- Tracks and maintains driver trainee records of CDL participant’s training program progress that includes pass/fail rates, on-the-job assessments (pre-trip, ride-along, and observation), mentor, and peer coaching feedback
- Ability to communicate and work with all levels of an organization
- Attend and successfully pass the Safe and Smart Train the Trainer Program
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required
For this role, you will need:
- Ability to frequently use electronic devices for day-to-day business (order confirmation, instant messaging, texting)
- Bending/Squatting: Frequently (lifting and placing product from the truck to the ground or from pallets to shelf
- Able to be certified on manual and powered pallet jacks (includes hand trucks)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, and a minimum of 5-years work experience.
- Must be 21 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States
- Extensive knowledge of CDL, DOT regulations at state and federal levels
- Have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and a clean driving record within MVR guidelines required. CDL license needs to cover both automatic and manual vehicles
- Will be required to attend and successfully pass CDL Instructor certification via 3rd Party
- Local delivery experience preferred
- Prior experience with commercial driving required
- Ability to operate a manual or powered pallet jack
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Travel required ~50% – varies by territory
- Ability to repetitively lift, carry, and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to repetitively push and pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance while kneeling; squatting; reaching above the head; reaching at the waist; reaching below the knees; and bending at the knees.
- Ability to repetitively push and pull manual transport equipment (for example, pallet jack, hand truck) containing product loads a minimum of 100 yards without assistance.
- Ability to repetitively grasp and manipulate objects of varying size and weight requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to exert oneself physically over sustained periods of time to complete job activities.
- Ability to read information in small, medium, and large print.
- Ability to stand a minimum of 6 hours during the workday.
- Ability to walk a minimum of 4 miles during the workday.
- Frequently work in a hot/humid outdoor environment
- Major moving violations include, but are not limited to, leaving the scene of an accident, driving under the influence, and reckless driving. Minor moving violations include, but are not limited to, speeding, driving too close, failure to stop, and improper lane changes. Driving records, including minor moving violations, will be evaluated according to Coca-Cola Beverages Florida guidelines to determine eligibility for the Sales Account Manager position.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional functions. Coke Florida reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to assign additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
Employment with Coke Florida is at-will. The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Coca-Cola Beverages Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.