Are you looking to find personal and professional fulfillment, and align your career with your values?
At Gateway Foundation, our employees have an opportunity to make a difference every day by helping people with substance abuse issues gain control of their lives.
Gateway Foundation is a recognized non-profit leader in evidence-based treatment proven to get results. Our experts in Addiction Medicine—including highly educated clinical and medical professionals and expert psychiatrists and nurses—deliver care that never stops. Throughout Gateway’s proud history of helping others, dedicated and professional employees have been vital to accomplishing our life-saving mission. Read more about the incredible recognition that we recieved!
If you are a collaborative professional who shares our commitment to helping people with substance abuse and mental health issues turn their lives around – GATEWAY IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!
Alcohol and Drug Counselors are responsible for:
- Completes comprehensive assessment of clients’ substance use disorder history and prepares individualized developmentally appropriate treatment plan.
- Provides individual and group counseling, and educational programs in accordance with treatment plan. Documents treatment and discharge plans, and clients’ progress and responses to treatments; and maintains related records and charts.
- Performs case management and contributes to client care monitoring.
- Duties vary by location or site assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required; Associates Degree desired including or supplemented by (30) semester hour credits in social work, sociology, health, nursing, psychology, rehabilitation, or counseling, or any combination.
- 100 hours documented clinical training in counseling theory and practice (must include Assessment-Domain I and Counseling – Domain II).
- Must have at least six (6) months previous clinical experience in the substance abuse treatment field.
- Must obtain NJDOC clearance
- Experience in a corrections environment a plus.
- This job requires driving from site to site, therefore reliable tranportation is a must. Gateway reimbursses for mileage.
- Ability to walk and move about the facilities for up to two hours at a time, to monitor and interact with clients
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to use a keyboard and video display terminal to receive, retrieve, and/or audit information and data
- Ability to record, proofread and check documents and files for accuracy
- Ability to respond to telephones, and to hear and detect alarms and unusual noises
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
Gateway Foundation values its employees and provides an inclusive and diverse work environment where dedicated employees can make a difference. We are committed to engaging and rewarding our employees in meaningful ways. For eligible employees, we provide a Total Rewards Package that includes:
- Health Insurance – Including a wellness premium incentive opportunity
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Including 18 days of PTO and 9 paid holidays in the first year
- Catastrophic Absence Time (CAT) – Accrue up to seven days annually, to be used during an extended personal illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with company match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gateway is a qualified employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.