The ambition, innovation, and vigor with which we address Logistics Emissions challenges in the near-term will have a lasting impact on our future. Fueled by our shared passion of sustainability and supply chain operations, the Supply Chain Consulting practice partners with clients across industries to position logistics emissions as a long-term value creation mechanism – for organizations and the planet.
Our team is a dynamic and diverse group of climate conscious professionals who use their creative strengths and industry experience to identify opportunities for climate sustaining practices within supply chain operations.
Work you’ll do
As a Manager at Deloitte, you will work in a collaborative and diverse team environment providing many opportunities to have an active voice. You will advise clients on their Supply Chain and Operations strategy and work with them to implement sustainable next generation solutions. Deloitte brings world-class supply network capabilities, operational know-how, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions experience to our clients; specializing in: Digital Supply Networks, Internet of Things, Sourcing and Procurement, Manufacturing, Product Development, Dynamic Fulfillment, and Synchronized Planning.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the firm’s growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Work directly with clients to understand their sustainability goals
- Work directly with clients to understand their Supply Chain, Manufacturing and related processes, capabilities, and systems
- Set engagement objectives and scope, develop work plans, and coordinate activities across and between multiple project workstreams
- Identify and implement strategic programs for clients’ logistics operations, and develop ways to assess, measure and reduce carbon emissions from logistics
- Assess and/or guide the assessment of large datasets to discover meaningful patterns, trends and relationships
- Develop advanced analytics and / or cognitive approaches to generate insights and improve supply chain performance
- Contribute to the growth and development of junior team members through active feedback and contribution to performance assessments
- 8+ years consulting and/or industry experience or 6+ years of consulting and/or industry experience with an advanced degree
- 1+ years of experience functioning as a Manager (or equivalent) in a Consulting environment or managing teams in an operating environment
- Experience with logistics emissions optimization/logistics operations: such as including logistics emissions factors and the options for calculating emissions based on the desired rigor or available data as well as supply network choices that impact emissions
- Experience with two or more of the following: carbon emissions in logistics optimization, carbon emission in warehouse optimization, logistics emissions calculations aligned with the GLEC framework, reporting of carbon emissions from logistics, vehicle fleet transition to ZEV or use of alternative fuels
- Experience with network, logistics and/or warehouse optimization
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to travel up to 50%, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Supplier sustainability risk management – POC for risk mitigation strategies for programs
- RFP responses with sustainability
- Deep understanding of Sustainability topics, including climate change, renewable energy, supply chain risk and transparency
- Familiarity with leading and emerging ESG and carbon disclosure methodologies, frameworks, and reporting mechanisms is highly desirable (e.g., IPCC, GHG Protocol, SBTi, FLAG, GRI, SASB, CDP, etc.).
- Familiarity with environmental and climate regulations and policy that may impact procurement practices
- Advanced degree in environmental science, sustainability, or data analytics
- ASCM Supply Chain Procurement Certification
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation and documentation experience (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Excel, etc).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Establishing client relationships
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.