ACIDD (www.acidd.org) is a social enterprise supporting people with ID and Mental Health Issues in the community. ACIDD is licensed by the State Department of Health as a DDA provider and Mental Health services provider. We have various programs that we provide to individuals for their relative independence in society.
- Direct Support Professionals for the Dually Diagnosed (DSP) are needed with immediate effect. These Professionals will work with individuals who have Mild Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities and mental disorders. They live in community homes with 24/7 support and supervision. They need guidance in the community. A professional job is a noble goal to help individuals that have dual diagnoses who need relative support from the professionals.
- The DSP may be required to either work as a dedicated 1:1 staff with different individuals when needed or work full-time or part-time in a flexible schedule. The schedules are from 9 am to 3 pm; 3 pm to 11 pm; 11p to 9 am; and 9 am to 11p (weekends only). All individuals are high functioning. We do not support medically fragile and low-functioning individuals. The standard pay rate for a DSP working in the home or in the community for day services is $15. The rate for the awake overnight shift is $14.
- ALL DSPs who work 30+ hours a week receive our company benefits that include Long term disability, short-term disability, Life Insurance for $25000 at no cost to employees; 401k with company matching; and health insurance that includes dental and vision (with the company paying 40% premium). Employees who work 40 hours a week qualify for holidays, and vacation.
- If a newly hired employee stays on the job for six months without a break, he/she receives a bonus of $250. If the employee stays with the company for one year, the employee receives a bonus of $500 in addition to all company benefits.
- For details on benefits to any potential employee, please talk to HR at the time of your interview.
- We have different shifts that you can choose from with a flexible schedule
- The DSP should have an HS Diploma. A minimum of one year of experience working in the DD/Mental health field as a DSP is a plus and reason for a higher rate of pay. Applicants with no experience are welcome to apply. However, their rate of pay may vary for one year.
- Various shifts are available. The timing of your shift may change between the hours of day and night to adjust to your needs but match our individuals’ needs too.
- All applicants upon hire should undergo the mandated DDA training using our HR portal. Training is virtual and attached to the payroll App or via the HR portal that all employees have access to. Documents that require employees’ review and a signature will also be available with the app on your phone or at the employees-only portal on our website. You will be provided with details upon hire.
- We also have vacancies to work as Personal Support Staff on a 1 to 1 basis with individuals who live in their own homes at various locations. A higher rate of pay including mileage is provided. Please consult HR for details. We will assign you a home not too far from where you live to make it convenient for you to travel. You need to be a minimum HS Diploma to qualify for this position. You also should have a valid Driver’s License and a reliable car to drive.
Some of the specific responsibilities of the DSP call for a focus on high-quality standards in homes and in community-based programs. They include commitment, honesty, and passion to work in this field.
We will meet you at our office (300 Thomas Drive, Laurel). If you do not hear from us soon, you can call us at 301-377-0750 and leave a message.
For all positions, CPR/FA, and other State required training are necessary. CMT is mandatory. We will assist you to renew your expired CMT. However, it should be renewed per the Board of Nursing requirements.
- You should send your initial online application by sending your resume with your specific job interest and desired shift. Positions are open effective immediately.
Apply today, if you have the right qualifications, experience, training, and commitment and we will work with you.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
All visitors wear face masks before entering our building.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Laurel, MD 20707: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.