Work You’ll Do
- The eDiscovery Project Coordinator is a senior level position and is responsible for coordinating technical aspects such as assisting with strategic and legal aspects for all assigned projects and matters involving electronic discovery.
- Serves as the primary point of contact throughout the discovery lifecycle, applying in-depth knowledge and experience to provide expert consultation and advice on technology and best practices.
- Consults with case teams to effectively develop and apply technical strategies, requirements and goals in order to develop and implement project plans, including data collection, processing, document review, document production and trial.
- Acts as the primary point of contact and liaison for electronic discovery issues between the legal team and the contractor(s) to ensure proper communication between the parties.
- Advises legal team on technology options to respond to specific discovery needs including but not limited to recommendations for products to perform early case assessment, document search, and document reviews in the most efficient, timely, and cost effective manner.
- Participates in legal proceedings, i.e. 26(f) conferences, prepares affidavits, and testifies as to the defensibility of the government’s eDiscovery process.
- Ensures standard procedures for electronic discovery and litigation support projects are consistently applied across the life of the case.
- Develops cost estimates and advises on maximizing efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Oversees the creation of statistical reports providing information on collection, filtering, processing, review and productions.
- Delegates appropriate workflow tasks, including data management, constructing search queries, processing, production and quality control.
- Coordinates efforts of others in response to discovery requests and provides regular reports and metrics as to the status of each phase of the project.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.We bring a diverse set of forward thinking capabilities to help agencies proactively manage risks they face in their dynamically changing environments. Our team assesses and transforms the process, controls, and/or infrastructure needed to help our clients address a wide variety of regulatory and compliance risks. We leverage solutions that align to the end-to-end regulatory lifecycle through leveraging AI technology and innovative solutions that incorporate industry as well as domain knowledge.
- Prior knowledge and experience managing eDiscovery projects and related technologies required.
- Prior forensics experience preferred.
- Certification in eDiscovery program preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing eDiscovery services and litigation support on complex and large cases involving complex eDiscovery challenges.
- Undergraduate degree and graduate degrees strongly preferred along with eDiscovery related technical certifications.
- Must have demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess detailed planning and organizational skills
- Must have a thorough understanding of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM); especially data collection, review, analytics and production.
- Must possess solid, broad knowledge of Information Technology infrastructures including networks and other sources of data.
- Advanced experience planning eDiscovery efforts, managing client expectations, and working with clients to minimize their risk exposure.
- Must be proficient in a wide range of technologies and be knowledgeable as to eDiscovery industry “best practices” including an understanding of multiple tools and processes associated with large scale complex eDiscovery response.
- Must establish compliance with all directives for secured handling of documents.
- Must have proven ability to work in a fast-paced production environment while maintaining proper priorities and scheduling on extremely tight deadlines.
- Must work as part of a team be able to manage complex relationships with all stakeholders.
- Must be well organized, a strong communicator, detail oriented, demonstrate good judgment, be confident working independently.
- Substantial relevant experience may in some cases be substituted for degree requirement.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.