Since 1884, Madison has been saving and enhancing the lives of youth by providing youth development services for children in New York City’s most disadvantaged communities. Our programs are engineered to empower each member to achieve three priority outcomes: Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and the adoption of a Healthy Lifestyle. Every day, Madison provides thousands of children with a safe and positive environment, one where fun is encouraged and positive role models are plentiful. A founding member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Madison currently serves more than 5,000 youth, ages 6 to 18, at six sites throughout Brooklyn, Bronx, and Harlem. We are offering an exciting opportunity for an Education Director at our following clubhouses:
- Navy Yard Clubhouse – Brooklyn, NY
- John E. Grimm III Clubhouse – Bronx, NY
- Pinkerton Clubhouse – Harlem, NY
This is a full-time position working 35 hours a week Monday through Friday in the afternoon and evening.
The Education Director will be responsible for planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating departmental programs, activities and events and providing individual guidance and referrals as needed.
Education Director Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and engage members of all ages and genders for Education programs.
- Assist in the recruiting and training of departmental staff.
- Supervise and evaluate assigned staff members in all phases of their work.
- Deliver fun and engaging programming for boys and girls, ages 6-18.
- Ensure the delivery of all programs in the Academic Success priority outcome area.
- Ensure a healthy, safe environment in program areas.
- Plan for and conduct staff meetings and Family Workshops.
- Conduct periodic inventory of departmental equipment, recommend the acquisition of necessary materials and resources to support programs and order required materials and maintain the Education Department budget.
- Participate in organizational meetings and conferences as requested.
- Ensure thorough evaluation for all departmental programs and services.
- Submit all required reports.
- Initiate and maintain community contacts with families, schools and other organizations and institutions to enhance programs and services.
- Create the most up to date learning environment for all members.
- Meet the standards and goals established by both Madison and BGCA for graduation and education initiatives.
Education Director Required Skills/Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, conduct and supervise educational programs and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with young people from diverse backgrounds, ages 6-18 as well as a range of other organizational personnel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be highly motivated and dedicated to the organizational mission.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- A four-year degree from a state-accredited university or college is mandatory and a minimum of two years’ experience in a related field is preferred.
- As a condition of employment, employees must have proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series, or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine.
We offer a professional work environment, competitive salary, benefits package including 403(b) and pension plan for the Education Director position.