- Responsible for performing all modalities of EEG in in-patient and out-patient settings
- Ensures all diagnostic and therapeutic patient services meet established quality control guidelines. Assesses the quality of the recordings and corrects if necessary.
- Keeps the health care team informed of significant changes occurring in the recordings, including loss of potentials.
- Obtains patient histories, noting information required for the assessments. Reviews patient requisitions to obtain information necessary for monitoring and to determine the most effective monitoring procedure.
- Prepares the patient for testing including measurements and application of electrodes, Identifies and eliminates electrode and stimulus artifacts in order to obtain optimal responses. Calculates and analyzes test results. Stimulates patients to investigate pathways.
- Operates and controls setting of electro physiologic recording devices.
- Measures, calculates, and logs recorded electro physiologic information. Implements alternative methods, when appropriate, to better define patient abnormalities.
- Monitors equipment function. Identifies faulty equipment and promptly reports problems.
It’s an exciting time to come on board at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. Jamaica Hospital is a 408 bed fully accredited community teaching hospital with a Level 1 trauma center and a large network of community based ambulatory care and the largest voluntary ambulance fleet serving the City 911 system.
- High School Diploma or equivalent,
- To qualify you must have a R.EEG.T registration from ABRET is required.
- Three years of video EEG experience. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Additional certifications from ABRET in CLTM monitoring is advantageous. Certified in BCLS.
- Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and interpersonal skills
- Combination of experience and education will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.41 – $25.69 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- EEG: 3 years (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location