St. Francis Center
St. Francis Center (SFC), a ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Colorado, was established in June 1983. SFC is a refuge for men and women who are homeless in the metro Denver area. Our programs and services are tailored toward adult women and men, and focus on daytime shelter, social services, health and wellness, housing, employment, and outreach. At SFC, “guests” have the opportunity to work with a variety of specialists, depending on their individual needs, which is often the first step toward transformation and ultimately self-sufficiency.
We are currently looking for an Employment Case Manager. This is a Full-Time, non-exempt position eligible for an excellent benefit package as outlined below.
The Case Manager works closely with individuals in the Employment Services Programs. Case managers provide comprehensive services to address client’s immediate needs and assist with planning for long term self-sufficiency.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES *(Other duties may be assigned)
1. Completes initial intake and assessments with new clients to determine strengths, risks, and needs by utilizing evidence based tools.
2. Meets with participants to identify skills, needs, and barriers to employment and develop plans to gain and maintain meaningful employment.
3. Assist clients with resume and cover letter development.
4. Develops short term and long term vocational and self-sufficiency goals with each client and monitors progress.
5. Cultivates job opportunities and refers qualified candidate to current job openings.
6. Provides comprehensive case management to address all needs of clients including health, housing, and employment.
7. Assists clients with gaining access to public benefits and resources in the community.
8. Enters and maintains accurate and timely case notes and records in HMIS and program databases.
9. Prepares and submits any required statistical and billing information.
10. Builds and maintains working relationships with community and government agencies.
11. Demonstrates cultural competency and embraces diversity.
12. Contributes to program planning and development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS)*
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field OR equivalent experience working with homeless, and justice involved populations.
2. One year direct experience with homeless and/or justice involved populations.
3. Case Management Experience and Training.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS*
1. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
2. Ability to work constructively with a team.
3. Strong computer skills.
4. Reliable transportation, Colorado-mandated automobile insurance and good driving record required.
5. Must be able to work in a diverse setting with diverse populations.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS*
$18.85 to $21.85/hour
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, Monday through Friday, with occasional Saturday mornings.
The position is eligible for a robust benefits package including:
- Employer-paid health insurance with an HRA plan
- Employer-paid dental insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance after 1 year of employment
- Robust pension plan after 1 year (5% plus a dollar-for-dollar match of contributions up to 4% of earnings)
- Generous Employer-paid sick/vacation leave
Qualified persons may apply by sending a cover letter, résumé, and three professional references. Résumés without a cover letter will not be considered. Invitations for interviews will be extended upon review of qualified candidates.
New employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination PRIOR to their start date or obtain a Medical/Religious exemption PRIOR to date of hire.
Individuals with criminal backgrounds are invited to apply. All SFC employees undergo a background check.
St. Francis Center is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. St. Francis is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.85 – $21.85 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.