Function of Beauty
Who We Are:
Founded by a dream team of world-class cosmetic scientists, MIT engineers, and developers, Function of Beauty creates personalized hair and skin care formulations that are individually filled and formulated based on one’s unique hair/skin type, hair goals, and preferences.
Function of Beauty perks includes eligibility for medical, dental, and vision starting the month after you are hired. You also receive short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, paid time-off, safe and sick time, and discounted customized products. As a growing company there is plenty of room for professional growth. Function of Beauty believes in great employee culture, so we often have employee events for our people.
Engineering is an integral part of Function of Beauty. Given the unique nature of the products that we sell, we’ve custom-built our infrastructure to match our needs. Engineers are in charge of this infrastructure; you are expected to have intricate knowledge of what you’re building, and a deep understanding of how it fits into the whole.
As an Engineering Manager, it will be your responsibility to guide, mentor and drive delivery of projects on the Engineering team. You’ll bring to the table a holistic understanding and vision of how to create Engineering goals that ladder up to overarching company goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the day-to-day activity of the engineering team and ensure projects are progressing
- Interact with business stakeholders and other key members to provide updates regarding output from the Engineering team
- Propose and manage projects and individual tasks, grounding high-level ideas and proposals into realistic, pragmatic features and tasks
- Provide clear and concise instructions and tasks to the engineering teams
What We Expect From You:
- A penchant for tying Engineering goals to Business goals
- An eye for clean code and clear documentation
- Collaboration across the Engineering team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Prompt and clear communication of challenges, constraints, and changes to relevant parties
- Working with — and taking advantage of — all provided resources
- Adapt to changing circumstances
- Thinking proactively about future use cases, scaling, and potential issues
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of progressive Software Engineering experience with demonstrated project and team leadership skills
- Experience in a position of leadership (project manager, tech lead, lead engineer, engineering manager)
- Strong technical background across a variety of different stacks and languages (PHP, Python or similar) and databases (MySQL or similar)
- Education or experience equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related technical field)
- Full Time, Exempt
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to successfully do the job.
Function of Beauty is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.