- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing projects, with 2 years of experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role.
- Experience with Android OS.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience in mobile device application development.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization.
- Experience in Apps Framework.
- Experience with server-side programming.
- Passion for mobile development on Android.
About the job
Like Google’s own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started – and as a manager, you guide the way.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Own the development of Keep Android features for Wear OS, tablets, and more.
- Be accountable for the planning, execution, and delivery of those projects.
- Manage a team of engineers working on those projects.
- Work closely with the Android System User interface and Wear OS teams.
- Make full-stack contributions as necessary (i.e. changes to our Apps Framework servers) and join the release rotation for Android.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.