GRAYWOLF INTEGRATED CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
- Leads the engineering group by working collaboratively in a team environment; interacts with individuals at all organizational levels in a professional manner
- Routinely interacts with Project Managers, Project Engineers, Operational Leaders, Construction Management, BD, Estimating/Precon, Drafters/Designers, Clients and Others
- Serves as a technical expert for the organization in the application of advanced engineering concepts
- Accountable for schedule, budgets, and quality of work performed within the engineering group
- Prepares or reviews proposals and engineering cost estimates
- Lead the business and day-to-day operations of the engineering group and performs the duties of an Engineering Lead on projects as needed
- Lead the engineering efforts on pursuits and projects and the role will involve project management, client interaction, and presentations, fee estimating, proposal writing, design, specification writing, construction estimating, leading other engineers and designers, quality and coordination reviews and coordination with other engineering disciplines, architects and subcontractors on projects
- Champion innovation within the group and company and able to communicate recommendations to our clients, project team, contractors and vendors
- Provide the technical assessment of potential project opportunities to aide in project go/no-go decisions and the development proposed engineering fees
- Develop and refine engineering design methodologies, tools and standards
- Stay abreast of relevant industry developments and technology advancements
- Ensure development of consistent and high-quality project deliverables
- Understand complex construction building systems and have the ability to evaluate and troubleshoot
- Develop designs for the entire project leading to quantity take offs in support of the major estimates to be prepared
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business Acumen – Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Developing Direct Reports & Others – Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Functional Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Innovation Management – Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Integrity & Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Required qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) to perform essential functions of this position:
- BS Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering required; MS Degree a plus
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Structural Engineer (SE) registration required
- 5+ years engineering experience within the construction industry required
- 3+ years of engineering leadership/management experience required
- Experience in the use of RAM, SAP, Revit and Tekla software is highly preferred
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards for structural steel and other construction designs
- Experience working on Design-Assist teams is preferred
- Prior experience as the primary interface with multiple clients is preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to find solutions to challenges, innovative, resourceful, and flexible
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to delegate and be delegated to with excellent teamwork skills and can handle multiple tasks at once
- Able to learn quickly on the fly and adapt to changes
- Able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and customer service
- Ambition to increase responsibility in this role (i.e. more complex projects) or others roles in engineering group
- Ability to bring a team together to achieve project targets and goals. Good commercial awareness with ability to manage change
DBM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.