Amazon Data Services, Inc.
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent in Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 2+ years experience with environmental management system implementation
- 2+ years post-internship software implementation experience
- Implementation experience with EHS software such as Enablon, Cority, Intelex
Are you passionate about environmental performance? Do you love software systems and data?
You can join and focus on those interests in the cloud!
We are looking for an Environmental Digital Solutions specialist to join our team of environmental professionals who are obsessed with digitization. An ideal candidate is someone who is excited about digitization and delivering automation to streamline environmental compliance for the AWS Environmental team. In this role you will be responsible for the design, implementation and sustainment of the software solutions used for capturing, storing, and analyzing information related to regulatory compliance, inspections, waste management, and sustainability at Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centers globally.
AWS Environmental is at the beginning of an exciting journey. We are building out an Environmental Management System and cannot get there without digitization and automation. The world is focusing more and more on environmental compliance and we are all looking to reduce our impact and drive sustainable approaches to business. At the same time, our business is growing and we need to scale with it. In this role, you will be part of the future of AWS Environmental and on the cutting edge of environmental management in the cloud business.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop compliance software and digital tools by assisting with requirements gathering, design, system configuration, integration, deployment, support, and maintenance.
- Develop enhancements and improvements as required to meet the overall business objectives of AWS.
- Participate in change of management issues with the adoption of new systems.
- Understand the business logic and architecture of your supported systems that enable you to solve customer problems.
- Make sense of ambiguity, define and plan processes in a fast-paced and highly-technical organization, and secure buy in from internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as an admin user of technology, and champion new and innovative business solutions within established and emerging technical architectures.
- Train and on-board new users.
About the team
The AWS Environmental team is an expanding and dynamic team that is critical to enabling AWS’s growth around the world, as well as ensuring compliance of AWS’s global operations, including physical data centers, as well as other AWS facilities, customer-facing enterprises and products. The Environmental team has responsibility for architecting and implementing AWS’s global environmental programs. This includes defining and implementing risk management and compliance systems and driving their continuous improvement; setting and refining global policies and procedures; overseeing the development of standards, tools, auditing and metrics, and employee training; ensuring effective engagement by the environmental team on global initiatives, including those that are part of Amazon’s ambitious sustainability goals; providing specialist expertise; and engaging with all AWS business units to provide scalable and effective environmental compliance strategies that support current and future business objectives while ensuring compliance with environmental regulations.
- Experience taking a major role in implementing a EHS software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Strong technical expertise in data structures, design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Hands-on experience with agile methodologies and delivering EHS or Quality software and products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid foundation in understanding environmental compliance practices.
- Thorough understanding and deep interest in software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.