**This is a temporary grant funded position until June 30, 2024.**
Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of serving the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 66 locations.
The Environmental Science Program Coordinator, reporting to the Community Library Manager of Hunters Point is responsible for the planning and coordinating of programs related to Environmental Sciences that cater to and meet the needs of the diverse populations within the community.
- Plans Hunter’s Point Environmental Center programs and activities.
- Provides Environmental Science programming to the Hunter’s Point Community both virtually and in-person.
- Facilitates training to build capacity among staff to incorporate Environmental Science content into programming.
- Oversees the delivery and development of programs with an emphasis on Environmental Science learning to internal and external customers.
- Advises on appropriate programming and coordinates/schedules outside presenters in accordance with funder’s requests.
- Manages inventory of program materials.
- Recommends and or purchases appropriate supplies as needed.
- Collaborates and seeks input from Environmental Science providers and other partners as needed.
- Participates in outreach events to promote Environmental Science programming in the Hunter’s Point Community.
- Researches background information for new Environmental Education programs.
- Works with the Hunter’s Point Community Library Manager and Librarians on special grants that have an Environmental Science focus.
- Assists librarians with in-person programming.
- Works with librarians to create loan kits for schools or home use.
- Conducts training for Discovery Team at Hunter’s Point.
- Maintains a record of programming statistics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Education or related field.
- 1-2 years of related environmental science programming experience required.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships within the organization.
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service to our internal and external customers.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Background in Education, Environmental Science, and Museum Studies preferred.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter through Indeed. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.