GRAYWOLF INTEGRATED CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Position Value Proposition:
As an Estimator, you will produce accurate, detail oriented estimates on small and large complex projects. This will be accomplished through collaborative efforts with various GrayWolf disciplines such as: fabrication, purchasing, filed erection, pre-construction, sub-fabrication and 3rd party vendors. Our Estimators provide the business with estimates that are able to be accurately interpreted and executed by our Pre-Construction team.
- Review and analyze blueprints, specifications, and other documentation presented by the client, to accurately prepare and estimate projects.
- Collaborate with others on how we want to build the job in fabrication and erection.
- Prepare detail oriented and accurate estimates on new projects and estimate prices for any change orders on existing contracts, meeting assigned deadlines.
- Prepare take off of steel materials, estimate all necessary shop labor and field erection, estimate materials, buyout items and equipment cost etc. to prepare a thorough bid estimate
- Type up all estimates in our in house computer program, enter takeoffs, drawing numbers etc.
- Read and interpret job bid instructions, detailed specifications, prepare a “take off” of materials included in the job, estimate all necessary labor, materials, buyout items, equipment costs (including crane costs) to prepare a through price estimate.
- Work directly with Sales and Pre-construction Teams to understand size and scope of projects along with timelines and applicable project deadlines.
- Adhere to and follow the GrayWolf estimating guidelines and procedures.
- Be comfortable to discuss alternative recommendations on projects in which management requires alternative estimates to meet client needs.
- Interact with other key team members in a professional manner
- Prepare pricing estimates on new projects and estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts and summarize results with appropriate leaders to ensure all aspects of job.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management)
Required qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) to perform essential functions of this position:
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge—like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
High school diploma or equivalent with construction drawing or drafting course work. Vocation or other secondary education program.
Three to Five years of progressively responsible experience estimating construction and/or industrial construction projects. Proven experience as a construction or steel estimator. Must have proven experience providing companies with accurate information that aids operations in achieving corporate goals.
As outlined in the Core Competencies, an individual must have thorough knowledge and an advanced understanding of each competency outlined above in order to carry out the essential functions of this position. Specialized Knowledge is also required in the following areas:
- Customary construction terminology and knowledge estimating software packages.
- Basic understanding of job cost accounting and project management concepts.
- The ideal candidate may be very comfortable with numbers and analytical.
- Must have great attention to detail and excellent written communication skills.
Software & Technology
Various office equipment is used such as personal computer, scanner, copier and fax. Extensive knowledge of computer software Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010. Proficiency in software applications Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
Position requires as many hours needed to fulfill the daily and weekly obligations required to carry out the functions. Working long days including evenings and weekends can be required for this position. Work is generally performed in a climate controlled office area. Position requires ability to lift and carry shop drawings on occasion. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request for those who have disabilities that qualify under the American with Disabilities Act
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.