Erickson-Hall Construction Co.
Do you want to be a part of a leading construction company that has completed over $1 billion in successful construction projects? You have an opportunity to be a part of a creative, values-driven, positive-thinking organization that is employee-owned!
As an Estimator at Erickson-Hall Construction Co. you will grow your skills and knowledge, and learn best practices from an industry innovator that is also a UT San Diego Top Workplace!
To be successful in this position you will need to be open to learning, disciplined and systems-driven, detail-oriented, comfortable working independently, and have a genuine interest in helping team members with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Analyze and compile estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment requirements, location, and other factors to ensure high quality and timely estimates
- Review drawings, specifications, and proposed project site conditions; record findings and solicit input from field operations to include in the final project estimate
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase the competitiveness of the bid
- Review take-off quantities to ensure the accuracy of data used in estimates
- Utilize existing cost history as a check to complete the estimate
- Apply mathematical calculations requiring advanced analytical processes to ensure logically estimated costs are accurate
- Present estimate and participate in bid reviews with senior project management to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Communicate with owners, subcontractors, and public and private entities to ensure competitiveness
- Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of the scope of the job and critical means and methods of construction
- Develop and maintain business relationships to increase bid opportunities in the regional market
- Participate in design-build preconstruction services to ensure high quality, competitive estimates, and schedules
- Participate in means and method discussions, being the catalyst to drive creative thinking and innovative ideas that distinguish a successful estimate
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Commercial and/or Public Works experience (preferred)
- Estimating construction projects of increasing complexity required
- Knowledgeable about current construction methods, materials, and regulations
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Must have good communication, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills are a must, MS Office, Blue Beam and Timberline software experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving history are required
- Detail Oriented
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 100% employer-paid Health/Dental premiums for team members
- Generous Vacation and Sick Time off
- Nine(9) Paid Holidays – Including your Birthday!
- 100% employer-paid Life, AD&D, and Long Term Disability insurance
- Retirement plans with company contribution
- Subsidized tuition on Child Care
- Health/Dependent care FSA’s
- Making a difference in the communities you serve
Erickson-Hall Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any of the following, whether actual or perceived or based upon identification or association: race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth (and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military status, veteran status, political activity or affiliation or any other basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.