We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Are you a highly effective administrative professional with a go-getter attitude and a proven track record in supporting senior executives? Are you interested in leveraging your talents while advancing your career in a thriving fast-paced publicly traded company as a part of the executive office team? If you’re computer savvy, professional, reliable, resourceful, and have stellar communications skills, please read on…
We are looking for a self-starter who has the ability and the drive to provide high level support to Verisk’s Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer. You will also provide support to the Assistant General Counsel for Litigation.
This Executive Administrative Assistant role requires a unique mix of strong organizational skills in order to manage calendars and scheduling, domestic and international business travel, customer meetings, management meetings, employee town halls, off-site conferences, videoconferences and other virtual events. You will be expected to create and update presentations intended for Verisk’s Board of Directors, senior management and key customers; prepare formal business correspondence; manage communications; and follow-up on outstanding items as necessary. You will be central to planning meetings and communicating with our Board of Directors and you will also help to maintain reports and logistics for the litigation department. The successful candidate will need to maintain continuous contact and personal communication with Verisk executive management and senior business leaders globally, as well as with external parties – including senior leaders of companies. The successful candidate will also enjoy managing ad hoc projects, be tech savvy, and have a growth mentality. Your presence, character and professionalism will make you a cultural champion for the Verisk Way. You hold the front line of the organization you support, and working in the Executive offices of Verisk, you will interface regularly with all levels of staff both internally and externally, as well as with visitors to the C-suite.
This position is based in our Jersey City, NJ office, conveniently located across the street from the Newport path station. Just one stop from Christopher Street, we’re an easy 10 minute commute from lower Manhattan (and about 20 minutes from Brooklyn).
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Manage multiple, ever changing calendar of appointments and proactively identify and solve for potential scheduling conflict
- Intense, extensive global and domestic travel planning, end to end management of complex and time sensitive travel logistics including scheduling flights, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, visa processing, etc. Anticipate, identify, analyze and solve issues/timing conflicts independently and discretely, and prepare detailed itineraries and ensure accuracy and timely delivery of travel documents to travelers.
- Coordinate meetings involving all stages of planning including logistics, vendors and materials (whether in person, via telepresence or conference calls), and various other events for multiple senior executives and a global team across multiple time zones.
- Manage all types of daily correspondence to ensure professional, accurate and timely response and appropriate prioritization.
- Prepare, reconcile and track expense reporting and reimbursement via Concur.
- Oversee the set-up and agenda for planning and execution of internal and external events, including researching venues, coordinating guest speakers, scouting locations, coordinating scheduling, accommodations, AV needs, catering, etc.
- Organize and safeguard all highly confidential company files and information.
- Assist in ad-hoc reports and other requests as needed. Assist with overflow, assistant back-up coverage and day-to-day tasks and provide support to visiting senior business leaders and other C-suite leaders, as needed
- Create and develop highly professional visual presentations for senior management.
- Answer phones for executive management. Take messages or field/answer all routine and non-routine questions. Work in cooperation with other executive administrative assistants to cover phones.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside companies; work cooperatively with all levels of staff. . Handle confidential and non-routine information and explain policies when necessary to team and colleagues.
- Initiate and maintain organizational and tracking systems, including filing systems
- Successfully completes ad hoc projects including research and drafting assignments
- 8-10 years’ experience in a senior administrative role supporting executives with global responsibility. College degree strongly desired but not required. Previous support of lawyers or legal functions a plus.
- Familiarity with a dynamic and fast-paced global company’s operating rhythm and processes; Must be able to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to the completion of assignments and in line with the department’s and team’s needs.
- Must be available to work 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.EST (plus have the flexibility and willingness to work overtime as the business requires). Reliability and punctuality is a must!
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and follow-up skills, and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities while working under little supervision.
- Professional demeanor at all times, regardless of pressures of the job. Must be an exemplary representative of the company in all dealings with internal management/staff and external customers and partners.
- Executive presence, maturity and judgment, and sound decision-making in order to communicate on an executive level and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- High level of motivation, integrity, self-confidence and the ability to take initiative; collaborative team player with proactive approach. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other executive administrative assistants across Verisk.
- Prior experience submitting expenses, providing heavy calendar management, and reviewing incoming correspondence / emails and preparing responses. Flawless skills managing Concur travel and expense programs, for global multi-currency travel, are required.
- Prior experience planning and facilitating internal and external events and meetings; must have an aptitude for creativity
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) as well as other web based programs, video conferencing and scanning
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills, telephone etiquette, superior oral and written communication skills, proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with pace, good humor and independence, balanced with a consummate sense of professionalism.
- Driven to get things done with excellence and timeliness.
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.