What we’re about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it’s not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky – people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits – to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they’ve only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
What you’ll be doing:
The Executive Assistant (EA) maintains a highly organized office for up to two (2) IMAX senior management executives including the Chief People Officer, and Global Head of Corporate Communications and provides exceptional administrative and clerical support with limited direct supervision. The role serves as the gatekeeper for the multitude of daily demands on the leaders’ time and eliminates inefficiency with grace. The EA has the innate ability to anticipate needs, multi-task, prioritize in a demanding, ever-changing, dynamic, fast-paced office environment.
Additionally, the EA will help plan and implement events and activations for the New York office, creating and handling logistics for opportunities to further build culture and comradery among a team of approximately 30 employees.
- Handle and screen a high-volume of incoming calls with tact and discretion; place outgoing calls;
- Determine the importance of internal and external meeting requests, prioritize and schedule accordingly, and communicate schedule to requester.
- Interact professionally, diplomatically and effectively with staff and high-profile clients on the phone and in person.
- Organize and maintain the Chief People Officer and Global Head of Corporate Communications Outlook calendar and contact list.
- Protect and maintain confidentiality of the Chief People Officer and Global Head of Corporate Communications office information and activities.
- Maintain and follow-up on time-sensitive tasks.
- Prepare detailed presentations and spreadsheets for internal and external use.
- Arrange domestic and international travel, transportation and accommodations in conjunction with Corporate travel; prepare comprehensive and detailed itineraries.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, meetings, events, and prepare/organize participant materials.
- Organize, prepare and process executive expense reports; review and evaluate expense reports submitted for the Chief People Officer and Global Head of Corporate Communications
- Provide technical service support to the Chief People Officer and Global Head of Corporate Communications, such as set up and operation of on-line meetings, computer hardware, and cell phone/personal data devices.
- Perform personal errands as needed, e.g. picking up lunch, making purchases.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- High school diploma required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Polished professional with a minimum of five years of administrative experience supporting a senior level executive.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Full-time weekday work schedule which may fluctuate depending on business needs.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required
The ideal candidate:
- Ability to effectively and professionally interface with high-profile clients and staff members at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational skills and attention to detail required; demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and successfully manage multiple projects and tasks in an environment of shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently independently with minimal supervision, anticipate needs and make necessary and appropriate decisions independently.
- Proven self-starter, punctual, energetic, self-motivated with strong work ethic.
- Flexible, adaptable, personable, and supportive team player.
Our Commitment to you:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.