The Facilities Manager will help shape the organization during a unique period of growth for the property. An ideal candidate would have the ability to implement forward thinking infrastructure into the Molbak’s site as it evolves. If you’re looking for the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on an organization’s growth, you’re going to find it here.
The Molbak’s Facilities Manager has a strong customer service orientation and takes initiative to lead a facilities team in provisioning comprehensive facility maintenance, repair, and improvement. The scope of work includes all aspects of building and property maintenance over a broad range of building types and engages with every aspect of operations. This role requires a combination of strategic, technical, and tactical experience.
Are you a thoughtful and thorough planner with a strong sense of responsibility, looking to join a collaborative team? If so, this is your job!
What we can offer you:
- A rewarding team environment where each employee has high impact on business success.
- Competitive compensation and benefits, with growth and learning opportunities.
- Plant and merchandise discounts.
- A mission that supports restoring the earth and connecting others to this goal.
What you will do:
- Oversee the Facilities Department and ensure that all company facilities are safe, clean and effective for their purposes in support of the company mission.
- Interface with every facet of the business, embracing support and prioritizing the needs of the broader Molbak’s teams.
- Perform routine audits by inspecting electrical, mechanical, greenhouse, and HVAC systems.
- Lead the facilities team in preventative building maintenance.
- Evaluate mechanical operations, recognize issues in systems and identify appropriate solutions.
- Maintain and/or develop relationships with supply vendors and service contractors.
- Prioritize schedule of facilities repairs and improvements.
- Plan facilities improvement projects, including developing project schedules and budgets.
- Manage Facilities staff members in the performance of tasks associated with mechanical systems maintenance and equipment repairs, vehicle fleet maintenance, pipe fitting (irrigation, heat systems), roof repairs, carpentry, painting, seasonal weather preparations, emergency response to weather events and system failures, seasonal projects, planting and maintaining indoor and outdoor gardens and all company grounds, maintaining parking lots, and providing janitorial services.
- Respond to urgent facilities needs of all types as circumstances dictate.
- Keep work areas neat and well-organized.
- Ensure proper storage of tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Co-chair the Safety Committee and deploy necessary practices to ensure the safe execution of tasks companywide.
- Manage facilities staff, including recruiting, hiring, training, development, and termination.
- Maintain consistent attendance.
- Perform other duties assigned by Manager.
- Comply with all company guidelines and a desire to live the brand, support the culture, and maintain a high level of integrity, energy, and enthusiasm.
What you will bring:
- Strong knowledge and experience with facilities and facility systems, including an eye for detail and an ability to 1) identify areas in need of improvement 2) effectively troubleshoot problems and 3) develop effective and resourceful solutions.
- Able to create a safe work environment – ensuring all staff have appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for their tasks.
- Proven understanding of cutting-edge facility solutions and desire to employ sustainable practices.
- Experience with mechanical systems, irrigation, and display building.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent project planning, organizational and project management skills that deliver timely execution. Ability to multi-task.
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of a cooperative team.
- Able to work on ladders and above ground level on roofs and buildings.
- Able to successfully complete company’s forklift operator certification program.
- Able to work standing, walking, bending, moving, or lifting up to 100% of the day.
- Must be able to lift at least 25-50 lbs throughout the day and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in building/facilities maintenance.
- Retail maintenance experience preferred.
Molbak’s retail offices are located at our retail location in Woodinville, WA. Indoor, outdoor and greenhouse work environments. Outdoor work in all weather conditions.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are each 100% responsible
- We have the courage to create
- We are stewards for a better tomorrow
- We have a growth mindset
- We are a team
If these sound like you, we are excited to talk with you!
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Molbak’s requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law. Molbak’s may revisit this policy as pandemic conditions and public health recommendations evolve over time. Candidates may inquire with Human Resources with questions or accommodation requests at email address: [email protected]
Molbak’s is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Molbak’s makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.