St. Thomas Aquinas College invites applications for the position of Facilities Manager. This position reports to the Director of Facilities and Construction. The overall scope of this position is to support the Director in the day-to-day operations of the Facilities and Construction Department. Responsibilities include providing advanced administrative support in developing project plans for renovations and new construction and ensuring timelines are met and projects are within budget.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain and monitor yearly budget
- Develop project plans and budgets for all maintenance projects, renovations, and new construction
- Ensure timelines and budgets are being met
- Monitor department’s inventory of equipment and supplies
- Manage custodial contracts with outside vendors and troubleshoot when needed
- Prepare reports, business correspondence, check request forms, and purchase orders
- Review and certify invoices to process payments
- Monitor and track utility spending
- Monitors all work orders and track completion
- Assist the Director on schedules, facilities modifications, including cost estimates, bid sheets, and contracts for construction and campus remodeling
- Submit permit applications when necessary to obtain building permits through the Orangetown system
- Coordinate with Federal, State and local agencies regarding building codes, variances, etc.
- Responsible for records organization for fire safety to ensure the campus is in compliance
- Respond to facilities/building related emergencies as they arise, possible weekends
- Additional duties assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and competencies
- Four year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient project management and budgeting skills.
- Knowledge of management techniques, including record-keeping, reporting, budgeting, inventory and cost control and analyses.
- Evidence of an understanding of the purposes of higher education and the ability to work with administration and faculty in a peer relationship.
- Demonstrate initiative in introducing new technologies to enhance quality of service
- Support communication methods/channels within the physical plant and between the physical plant and other offices of the College in order to develop a team approach to serving the student and employee population.
- Experience in the trades a plus
Please send the following materials electronically to Mr. James Doyle, Director of Facilities and Construction: a cover letter addressing the applicant’s credentials and experience as they relate to the position; curriculum vitae; and names, email addresses and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.