Emerald Heights, is a premier life plan community located in Redmond, Washington. We are dedicated to providing our residents the best senior living experience in the Puget Sound area and offer a full continuum of care from independent living to assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care.
- High school graduation or GED preferred.
- At least two years’ experience as administrative assistant in an office setting with high volume phones and stress.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in a property management environment.
- Possess a valid State of Washington driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Knowledge of purchasing, record management, scheduling and coordinating tasks.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft office software.
- The ability to work in close cooperation with residents, subordinates, peers, and management.
- Ability to set priorities and multi task.
- Ability to work independently using good judgment and common sense.
- Regular, dependable and reliable attendance.
- Represent Emerald Heights by showing a positive, courteous attitude to visitors, residents, vendors, and staff.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- Resourceful and flexible.
- Able to keep confidentiality.
- Excellent English communication skill including both verbal and written.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation and successful deployment of new facilities software package.
- Oversees the continued use and updating of Facilities software.
- Responsible for ensuring department equipment and supply inventory is sustained at an effective level to ensure day-to-day maintenance operations can be completed in a timely fashion.
- Orders supplies, equipment, and contracted services.
- Maintains purchase records.
- Researches sources of supply, pricing, and new products.
- Inspects incoming items to verify condition and quantity received.
- Determines appropriate use of storage areas throughout the campus.
- Prepares CARS for approved capital projects.
- Manages refurbishments for IL, AL, and 10/20 year resident units.
- Drives to pick up supplies and other errands as needed.
- Generates and assigns work orders.
- Schedules preventive maintenance tasks.
- Answers telephones, checks Senior Portal as well as Worxhub for maintenance and repair requests.
- Communicates in a variety of ways with vendors, residents and other departments regarding scheduling of work, announcements of upcoming or emergency work and purchasing of items.
- Monitor and respond to two-way radio traffic for communication with security and other departments.
- Routes work requests to appropriate department personnel.
- Monitors department expenditures compared to budget.
- Reconciles invoices for payment.
- Enters facility maintenance management systems data into computer. Formats, types and/or revises and prints administrative information to include but not limited to: budget reports, building data, preventive maintenance operations, and activity maintenance.
- Codes incoming billing and routes to appropriate personnel for approval.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions.
- Maintains office and facilities records in well-organized and neat manner.
- Maintains a customer centric approach to customer service.
- Picks up mail from the main building.
- Tracks staff and resident vehicle data.
- Assigns and monitors parking spaces for residents and monitors for non-use of spaces.
- Create and distribute name badges and PROX cards for Emerald Heights’ residents and staff as well as GSI staff members.
- Coordinates with resident families for donations to Furniture and Thrift Stores.
- Main contact for all Independent Living In-house moves.
- Schedule new move-in appointments for new residents to meet with Director of Facilities for services rendered.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Overall, physical demands are classified as Medium-Heavy.
- May be required to walk or stand on a variety of work surfaces for up to eight hours a day both indoor and outdoor.
- Routinely lifts up to the 25 pounds. Intermittently lifts up to 50 pounds. Bending, twisting, kneeling and squatting, depending on specific work assignment.
- Frequent handling, grasping and reaching.
- May be required to sit at a desk for prolonged periods. Extensive use of computer and telephones.
- Speaks clearly in face-to-face interactions and over the phone.
- Exposure to blood borne pathogens: Level III.
- Work environment is in maintenance office and throughout the campus in common areas, apartments, cottages, Corwin Center, etc.
- May be exposed to weather elements of heat and cold.
- May be exposed to various construction chemicals, infectious diseases, etc.
- Will wear protective clothing, gloves, when handling hazardous materials.
- May be exposed to unpleasant odors and sights.
- Must be willing to work overtime without prior notice, should the situation demand.
- Experiences frequent interruptions.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.