Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Title: Field Sales Manager
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Discover impactful work:
Our Sales Managers are in charge of leading a team of sales representatives who sell research products and services within a defined territory. Our Sales Managers are accountable for ensuring the team has effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional who enjoys completing account planning and forecasting, analyzing reports on business, and handling performance of the team!
Key responsibilities will be:
- Lead the strategic direction for the overall region; Manage the sales team to drive sales strategies to meet plan and expand business; Ensure team maintains a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives; Run pricing within territory to control profitability
- Use available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduce new products and services
- Show initiative to develop programs to drive growth in any economic condition
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of region
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
Keys to Success:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in Science or Business
- 10 years of relevant is required, industry-specific experience in the research laboratory industry i preferred
- Strong sales management experience and proven leadership abilities
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent business skills
- Advanced selling and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion. As a requirement to be onsite at Thermo Fisher Scientific this position requires vaccination status disclosure upon employment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.