OI Infusion Services requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests. Ability to effectively work remotely, and ability to work in the Houston Office setting per manager’s request.
Financial Assistance Specialist will be responsible for maintaining effective communication between patients, infusion site nurses, financial assistance programs, practices, and other departments as needed. Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment, advanced computer literacy, excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Responsibilities will include researching and securing available financial assistance programs to reduce infusion therapy cost and ensuing patients understand their medical insurance benefits and financial responsibility.
- Ensures the best customer service by phone, email and in person.
- Screen patients for assistance eligibility and assist in applying for pharmaceutical or charitable programs.
- Maintain a high level of satisfaction by providing appropriate level of competency and professionalism for timely, effective, and accurate resolutions.
- Maintain self-directed knowledge of each financial assistance program’s current qualifying guidelines and criteria to translate and secure financial assistance for patients.
- Ability to thoroughly explain medical insurance benefits to patients as it relates to their estimated financial responsibility for infusion therapy services.
- 3+ years relevant experience (Patient/ customer service experience)
- Must have strong understanding of the confidential nature of customer records (HIPAA compliance experience preferred)
- Must have ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities; proactive and takes initiative; strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Independent worker, can set own timelines/deadlines and goals
- Effective business communication skills; both verbally and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be available to work hours between 7 am CST to 6 pm CST, either remotely or at the Houston Office upon request
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.