Planet Fitness - PFNY/ PFCali
Fitness Trainer will be responsible for running the Planet Fitness group fitness program ([email protected]). This includes assisting new members in the achievement of their fitness goals by designing a simple workout program and instructing them on the proper use of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Core Fitness Instructor Responsibilities:
- Conduct and run the Planet Fitness [email protected] program, including creating and following the schedule.
- Consult with members regarding their fitness goals and instruct them on how to properly and safely use the equipment.
- Help to promote our Judgement Free Zone® by connecting with members on the club floor, offering assistance and showing support in their fitness journeys while upholding club policies.
- Frequently perform a comprehensive walk of all fitness areas to ensure a great member experience. Quickly address issues as they are identified.
- Create bi-weekly updates consisting of a variety of exercises.
- Meet class requirements based on club size and member traffic.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- Assist in front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate needed updates to member’s accounts.
- Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of all exercise equipment and Black Card spa amenities.
- Perform a comprehensive walk of all club areas; quickly fix any safety/policy issues and address cleanliness concerns.
- Ensuring restrooms are clean and sanitized, stocked and clutter free by following the routine cleaning schedule.
- Previous Fitness Trainer/Instructor experience preferred.
- Nationally Certified Training Certificate required.
- A passion for fitness and health!
- Upbeat and positive attitude.
- Punctuality and reliability is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Moving self in different positions, including bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, and twisting, to accomplish tasks.
Why Join Planet Fitness?
We are here to provide a unique environment in which anyone, and we mean anyone, can be comfortable. A diverse, Judgement Free Zone where a lasting, active lifestyle can be built. Our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. We seek to perfect this safe, energetic environment, where everyone feels accepted and respected. We as employees take pride in the fact that we are a non-intimidating, welcoming gym. Unlike most traditional gyms, Planet Fitness does NOT cater towards bodybuilders or power lifters, but is instead focused on general fitness. We strive to provide a comfortable atmosphere for EVERYONE in what we call the Judgement Free Zone (JFZ).
Mission Statement At PF Supreme, we’ve worked hard to become one of the largest franchisee groups in Planet Fitness, the most recognizable name in the fitness industry. We strive to create a fun and respectful environment, where our team of motivated individuals can learn and grow just as quickly as our organization. Our purpose is to continuously expand the Planet Fitness brand, better the lives of our team with fulfilling career, and truly deliver the Judgement Free experience to our members. We believe by being passionate in our work and fearless in our approach, that our potential has no limits.
Job Benefits include · Free Black Card gym membership. · Career growth opportunities. · Discounts on merchandise sold at the club. · Benefits including: medical, 401k, and supplemental insurance. · Discounts on movie tickets, theme parks, hotels, attractions, and much more.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.