The Foreman will provide leadership and technical expertise for a solar installation crew. The Foreman is responsible for the safety, quality, customer service, and productivity of each assigned solar installation project. The Foreman is a working field position that leads a team of 3 to 6 members to successfully complete residential solar projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the successful installation of residential solar projects including the installation of the electrical systems that interconnect the solar array to the grid power of the customer’s residential property
- When assigned, safely lead or assist solar battery installations
- Organize, lead, and train crew members to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframes
- Ensure attention to detail with an emphasis on safety, quality, customer service, and productivity
- Effectively manage all aspects of the construction workflow of the project to drive productivity
- Ensure that there is adequate materials and equipment to safely and efficiently complete projects
- Effectively maintain project documentation and photo requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of OSHA standards related to photovoltaic installations and enforce safety practices and standards
- Check on progress of installers every hour throughout the installation to ensure the installation process; Follow construction job flow procedures
- Develop a positive working dynamic within installation crew and branch co-workers; Analyze and resolve worker problems and recommend solutions; Maintain consistent and appropriate interface with customer throughout construction phase
- Assist the crew on the roof as needed to ensure an efficient and high quality installation
- Perform weekly vehicle inspection for proper tire pressure, oil level, working lights, etc.
- Obtain customer payments and deliver to management as required
- Ensure accuracy of your own and crew’s time sheets
- Provide construct-ability feedback to management
- Maintain excellent lines of communication
- Perform service calls when necessary
- occasional travel required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE*
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of construction experience, including 1 year of solar installation experience. Prior experience leading teams of 3-6 preferred
- Experience with electrical work involving wiring up to 600 VDC and 480 VAC
- Ability to perform all installation duties of the Installer and Lead Installer
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Electrical/PV Installation Knowledge: Working knowledge of current NEC codes. Ability to interpret single line drawings and PV systems from roof to meter. Demonstrates knowledge of electrical principles as it pertains to solar interconnection/tie-in and code and how PV systems operate. Understands interconnection activities. Understands basic construction principles.
- Safety: Adheres to company safety policies and procedures including ability to identify and report safety hazards, and the ability to encourage others to work safely
- Customer Service: Ability to establish rapport, build relationships and loyalty with external and internal customers and coworkers, and remains tactful when communicating
- Results Driven: Proven ability to meet deadlines and key metrics. Works independently, as a team player, and drives results in a fast paced, team based environment. Must be willing to assist teammates and build strong relationships to achieve company and department goals
- Problem Solving: Solid logical decision making and troubleshooting skills with the ability to problem solve in a timely and effective manner. Exercises good judgment. Takes ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate persons and follow up accordingly with the customer. Knows when to involve supervisors
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.