Prism Hospitality, LP
Scope of Position:
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner, by checking guests in and out of the hotel. They provide a welcoming attitude and are proficient in all service questions and requests. Also responsible for collecting monies for services rendered during a guest’s stay.
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and some customer service experience preferred.
- Strong Computer skills and financial knowledge required.
- Valid Driver’s License for appropriate state and MVR in good standing.
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends.
- Light work-Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to be on your feet throughout the entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
Responsibilities may include any and all of the following:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Prism standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include a clean, pressed uniform and correct nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner, using Brand Standards and up selling techniques to maximize room rates.
- Prepare for group check in and out and VIP arrivals; become informed of events/ functions in the hotel during the shift.
- Check guests out of the hotel; process customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
- Respond to guest requests promptly; promote hotel services, facilities and outlets; provide guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase satisfaction.
- Resolve minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
- Book guest reservations or coordinate with reservation center.
- Handle departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; post all charges; complete cashier’s report, and prepare deposit.
- Balance bank daily.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete all side work and cleaning duties per standards.
- Confirm credit and payment method at check in and confirm full payment at check out.
- Review rooms inventory and House Count for availability and rates.
- Maintain and understand special guest programs and franchise related programs.
- Conduct daily bank drop with a witness and according to standards.
- Run daily arrival report and identify any special requests.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area at all times.
- Maintain proper key control on a daily basis.
- Distribute faxes, packages, and mail to guests for delivery or inform guest of receipt as necessary.
- Distribute billing reports to hotel outlets.
- Block large group check ins, motor coach tours and inform Housekeeping of any changes.
- Check with Supervisor prior to end of shift.
- Have thorough knowledge of outside venues and directions to each.
- Full understanding of the Front Desk system for all guest services.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
Engineering: To relay guest needs for service.
Accounting: To seek credit approval for payment processing.
Housekeeping To verify room availability.
Hotel guests: To sell and provide customer service; to resolve problems.
Valet Service: To provide customer service
Transportation Companies: For guest transportation, Lost Bags, Distressed Passengers
Local Businesses: To provide information for guests; develop relationships
Reports to: Guest Service Manager
Job title also known as: Front Office Agent, Front Desk Agent, Guest Service Agent
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.