Northwest Ketamine Clinics
With our wonderful PCC team moving to 4 10’s, and the clinic opening more Saturdays, we need another PCC to join us. This position will require working the flexibility to work Saturdays and travel to any of our locations. The role will primarily be split between Seattle and Bellevue (1-2 days a week at each).
Who we are:
Northwest Ketamine Clinics is the first and largest free standing ketamine infusion clinic in the Pacific Northwest. We are family owned, nurse practitioner led clinic, and operate on core values of compassion, integrity, and clinical excellence. Patient care and team unity are very important to everything we do. If you find fulfillment in helping others, and you have the skills and experience listed below, then this is the job for you. It is our mission to help as many people as we can, and our privilege to be a part of changing – even saving – lives every day.
Ketamine infusion is consistently shown to have significant and rapid success in reducing and even eliminating the symptoms of Major Depression, Chronic Pain, PTSD, Anxiety and other difficult to treat conditions.
“Ketamine, given intravenously, might be the most important breakthrough in antidepressant treatment in decades.” Thomas Insel, former director National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
We offer competitive salary, paid vacation, sick pay, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision benefits, 401K matching, and a great work /life balance.
Who We Need:
We are seeking an experienced front end lead/PCC with strong multi-tasking abilities to provide impeccable customer service to our growing client base. The person in this position will play a critical role in maintaining the image of our clinic and helping patients feel welcome and supported.
Empathy, warmth, good communication skills, dependability, and the ability to multitask while remaining detailed and efficient are critical to success in this position.
Experience in accounting, bookkeeping, human resources, and payroll would be useful (but not required) for this role.
· Answer phones, greet patients, appointment check-in and check-out, stock the office, accept payments, schedule appointments, template calendar.
· Assist patients and staff as needed in a positive, professional, and kind manner.
· Work as a team with our intake specialist to schedule new patient treatment series.
· Maintain efficiency in the treatment schedule, and help ensure good work flow in office.
· Perform insurance benefits eligibility checks, estimates, and pre-authorizations.
· If experienced, perform financial functions such as basic bookkeeping, payroll, HR tasks.
· Other tasks as assigned
· Required: 3 years of experience as a receptionist, patient care coordinator, patient consultant, manager, or patient account representative in the medical or mental health field.
· Required: 3 years of experience working with an EMR and/or scheduling software with efficiency and accuracy.
· Required: Dependability. Our patients count on us being there for them. We are looking for someone who we can rely on to be there for their shifts, and who would like to be with and grow with a company for a long time.
· Preferred: Experience with insurance verification and/or billing
· Preferred: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
· Preferred: Complex scheduling experience
· Preferred: Payroll, HR, bookkeeping, QuickBooks experience
· Essential traits: loyalty, humility, strong work ethic, positive attitude, kindness, honesty, ability to get along with others, accurate and detailed.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite.
· Professional attitude and appearance.
· Warm, compassionate, and confident personality is a must.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills. Must be able comfortable talking on the phone and explaining treatment to patients.
· Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
· Excellent organizational skills. Extremely detailed and able to handle multiple tasks at the same time with accuracy.
· Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers, multi-line phone systems).
· Time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
Hourly Pay: DOE.
For more information and to schedule an interview, please send your resume with a cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Please take the following assessment (it only take a few minutes) and send a message when completed: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/bo/uO4/PCC
- Are you flexible working at any of our three locations if needed? (Tacoma, Seattle, Bellevue)
- Are you able to work Saturdays?
- What is your desired salary range?
- Medical reception or PCC: 3 years (Preferred)
- Medical scheduling: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.