Danny Meyer’s newest restaurant, Ci Siamo, is looking for a Service Manager to join their team!
Ci Siamo is the new restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and Chef Hillary Sterling, debuting this summer at Manhattan West. Celebrating the beauty of simplicity, Ci Siamo will center around live-fire cooking. The Italian-inflected menu takes inspiration from Chef Sterling’s extensive travels and is rooted in the understated excellence of seasonal ingredients and purposeful preparations. Ci Siamo, which loosely translates to “we’ve made it” or “we’ve arrived,” bridges the traditional with the contemporary to introduce a new space that is at once transportive yet warmly familiar. Ci Siamo looks forward to participating in New York’s revival, and welcoming the city to our home.
Who you are: The Service Manager, in collaboration with the leadership teams, will set communicate standards and practices for the restaurant to ensure a high performing and fulfilled team. They work closely with the management teams to drive service each day and inspire team members to work together and hold one another accountable to the standards set. They educate and support the service team to create the best dining experience for all guests and the best work environment and experience for all employees.
What you’ll do:
- Cultivate a culture of authentic hospitality for all stakeholders that supports our business objectives and growth.
- Maintain excellence and cleanliness of the dining room, ensuring that appropriate physical inventory is always available to employees and guests and that all staff is properly acquainted with appropriate CGS as it pertains to the cycle of service.
- Maintain positive working relationships with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods, ensuring effective and timely communication.
- Continuously provide support to all service staff and actively participate in the cycle of service as needed.
- Work with beverage management to conduct, reconcile and submit month end beverage inventory.
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies, holding employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary.
- Ensure that the Payroll process is completed accurately, on time and according to business/accounting procedures.
- Ensure DOL/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation.
- Provides feedback and guidance with excellence and hospitality in mind, ensuring that all team members have a pathway for growth and development
- Consistently looks for internal and external opportunities to build our growing team
What we need from you:
- 2+ years dining room experience in hospitality & fine dining, management experience preferred
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge
- Strong passion for and skill in education
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
- English fluency and Spanish preferred
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
Please note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This position may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the restaurant.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please e-mail [email protected] for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.