FRTB Project Manager
Company: * Treliant Capital Markets
Location: *New York
We are looking for professionals with experience within Financial Services / Investment Banking to come on board and work with our Tier 1 Investment Banking clients. We specialise in assisting our clients across their high priority and exciting regulatory change projects and you will have the opportunity to be a key member in transformative initiatives, building on your PMO skillset to help in the planning of projects and ensuring they run smoothly to completion._
Who are we?
Treliant is a financial services consulting firm providing advisory services and execution support to organizations around the world.
The Capital Markets division combines global banking, compliance, regulatory experience, innovative data solutions, and skilled specialists to help financial institutions deliver their capital markets regulatory and business change projects.
Our capabilities include project and program management, risk and finance analytics, data management, digital transformation, and legal documentation
About the role*
This lead role will be part of the FRTB Program Management team, setting and managing testing standards and driving the execution of FRTB Testing across all workstreams.
Experienced in project management and have a passion for driving Testing in addition to having experience with Quality Assurance, Systems, and User Acceptance at a program level.
Support the FRTB Program Initiative lead(s) to drive execution of strategic deliverables
- Lead or participate in working groups, workshops and with stakeholders to understand business requirements, define project plans and manage timelines
- Impart subject matter expertise by providing guidance, support and constructive challenge on business initiatives to ensure alignment with FRTB Testing strategy
- Assist in ensuring that all target state tools, processes and controls are socialized effectively and are approved at or by the appropriate governance forum or level
- Identify synergies between programs to minimize delivery time and maximize adoption
- Manage internal and external dependencies across initiatives, including working closely with Risk Managers, Product Owners, Front Office, Product Control and a variety of IT teams amongst others
- Identify challenges and proactively seek to resolve or escalate risk and issues in a timely and well-articulated manner to the projects by engaging relevant stakeholders and PMs
- Engage senior stakeholders continuously by escalating and resolving issues as they arise
- Produce accurate and insightful project update materials and artifacts, tailoring to various forums and committees
- Build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach, to support the execution of programs
Who are we looking for?*
Qualifications & Experience*
Candidates should preferably have the following:
Key Skills Desired*
Strong and proven track record in strategic project management and delivering complex solutions are essential (preferably including proficiency with project management tools)
- Has significant experience in Capital Markets Transformation
- Extensive experience driving front-to-back testing initiatives
- Experience developing and defining test strategies and methodologies across applications and multiple organizations
- Led testing, supporting multiple complex initiatives for a large/global bank
- Delivered Testing for Regulatory Programs and Transformation Initiatives
- Has the ability to challenge and drive change to implement Testing Vision
- Comfortable working within a dynamic program environment
- Personally written Program Level Test Plans
Key Skills Desired*
10+ years of relevant industry experience as a Program/Project Manager with strong testing coordination experience
- Experience in managing Market Risk and Regulatory related projects
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Project Management certifications e.g. PMP or equivalent a strong plus
Communication* – advanced interpersonal & communication skills. Able to liaise confidently with senior stakeholders, either over the phone or via email
Team player* – able to work well within dynamic and goal-focused teams
Process driven* – able to become quickly proficient in new processes and systems
Detail-focused* – very strong attention to detail
Multi-tasking* – highly organized and able to balance various responsibilities simultaneously
Professionally skeptical* – able to identify and flag up anomalies for review
Decision-making* – strong decision-making in a fast-paced and pressurized environment
Commitment* – strong work ethic and delivery focused
Career Development – We put an emphasis on personal and professional growth and provide all the training you’ll need to become a highly skilled Treliant consultant, with programs covering Finance, Regulatory, Technology and Operational aspects of investment banking. On top of that, we also provide support in obtaining highly sought-after industry-recognised qualifications.
Clients – As a Treliant consultant, you will be working with some of the top clients in the financial services marketplace such as top tier Investment Banks. Our roles place you at the cutting edge of the projects on which you’ll be working, and giving you the opportunity to learn from, work with and build relationships with the very best within those companies.
Rewards – Treliant offer our permanent staff an excellent compensation package, including generous Base Salary, Bonus, Holiday package, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and Pension Scheme.
Core Values – Whether you are a Client or an Employee, Treliant wants the best for you. All our relationships are based on our Core Values: Innovation, Nurture, Solutions, Potential, Inclusiveness, Resilience & Evolution.
Diversity & Inclusion – We value inclusiveness and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Right to Work
Treliant Capital Markets is not in the position to provide sponsorship for this current position and so applicants must be able to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship
Please note, Treliant Capital Markets receive a high volume of applications for all roles. While we will endeavour to respond to all applicants, this is not always possible. Should you not receive a response to your application within 2 weeks, it is likely that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we would like to retain your details on our systems for 6 months and may contact you should another potentially suitable vacancy arise.
This role will require the resource to: · Manipulate and analyze large sets of data, highlighting key insights on data and forming meaningful conclusions · Project tracking, managing RAID log, preparing meeting materials, capturing minutes and meeting management duties · Undertake detailed data investigations using variety of data sources · Perform detailed data analysis and formulation of conclusions, proposed next steps · Prepare / assist with project management & closure docs and engaging with stakeholders (variety of seniority) Key Skills Required · min. 5-7 years relevant industry experience · Prior PMO experience including Project tracking, managing RAID log, preparing meeting materials, capturing minutes and meeting management duties · Product exposure – some working knowledge of Markets products, e.g. Rates instruments · Strong communication skills and / or experience working with Front Office / Trading and Sales / Technology teams · Knowledge of SQL and running data queries is desirable
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.