If you strive to be “The Best”, we want to hear from you! Apply today at www.citygatecentre.com/employment and be sure to take advantage of the $250 signing bonus we’re offering for this position! *90 Day Waiting Period Applies!
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Revision Date: March 2022
As a Room Attendant, you will take ownership of guest rooms, providing a clean, comfortable space. A room attendant is integral in creating a memorable and luxurious experience for guests.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-shift meetings.
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning, and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash/rubbish, etc.
- Clean room refrigerators, coffee/tea maker, cups, glasses, etc
- Wear safety protection equipment as provided in line with department regulations and any local legislative requirements
- Handle and store chemicals inline with hotel regulations and any local legislative requirements
- Greet and acknowledge guests, answer questions
- Communicate room status via phone system to establish when service is completed, and rooms ready for guests.
- Report any room they are unable to service (do not disturbs, no services) to supervisor.
- Document any deficiencies or damages found in rooms, including mechanical and electrical problems using ALICE platform as well as reporting to the supervisor.
- Always follow established safety procedures, including use of safety button. Immediately report any health and safety incidents, security breaches, or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty.
- Respond to guest special requests and take action to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Be familiar with hotels recycling program and “green” cleaning initiatives to minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Report, turn in, and /or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Maintain assigned housekeeping carts. Empty and stock at the end of each shift.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments effectively as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects
- May have turn down duties
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Background in Housekeeping or Janitorial Service.
- Luxury housekeeping experience preferred.
- Individual must be honest, dependable, and like being in a position of responsibility.
- Must enjoy working around people and be a “team player” within the framework of guest service.
- Must have a neat and clean appearance
- Must have a flexible schedule and be to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to 8 hours a day, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning/inspection tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other protected class. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins. We participate in E-Verify and those who are ineligible to work in the United States will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.