Greenwich Village Italian restaurant is looking for a General Manager.
The General Manager leads daily operations of the restaurant and is responsible for overseeing and managing all Front of the House operations, including hospitality, staff management, financial performance and physical restaurant maintenance. They are responsible for all aspects of the service and beverage programs, ensuring that they are executed at the highest standards. Above all they must actively embody, inspire and teach the restaurant culture to all employees.
The GM will work closely with the Executive Chef and Private Banquet team in continuing to uphold and build the restaurant with the best staff, management team, food, and service. We expect the GM to inspire and assure that kind, accommodating and knowledgeable service be provided to all guests.
- Hiring, training, developing, scheduling and management of all FOH staff, including working with FOH managers to achieve their individual goals
- Setting, driving and maintaining all levels of hospitality including:
- Motivating and mentoring staff’s knowledge and development; coach and counsel
- Inspiring and delighting our guests
- Committing oneself to excellence in food, wine and service
- Maintain a cohesive team spirit and high level or morale amongst the staff
- Responsible for the management of the operating budget. Manage wages, productivity and expenses in accordance with business demand. Utilizing all company financial management tools to manage the financial success and assisting in the preparation of the annual strategic plan to achieve the goals and targets
- Strategize and implement effective cost control programs
- Maintain quality control by investigating and resolving all issues
- Comply with all safety, health and beverage regulations in order to protect against all legal liability
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling and general cleanliness
- Must have the ability to create, implement and manage staff training and development programs
- Facilities management-maintain the integrity of the entire facility with proactive maintenance methods and working closely with the landlord and managing all R&M vendors
- Perform all human resource management within the scope of company guidelines
- Motivate, lead and inspire all staff with exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Works closely with the PR team to ensure correct and adequate interest is being generated by driving innovative promotions and creating creative content for social media and web platforms.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within a management position at an operation with similar size and quality standards (Italian cuisine preferred)
- Strong leadership and organizational management skills
- Expert knowledge of proper professional service techniques and dining room organization
- General knowledge of culinary terminology
- Proficient in restaurant financial knowledge (P&L /Budget/Food & Labor Costs)
- Strong guest service, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Understanding of HR Practices/Policies/Procedures
- Excellent dining room and facilities operations knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of wines and spirits (Italian wine knowledge preferred)
More detail about Lupa Osteria Romana part of RSC Management Services