NOTE: If you do not have sales experience with a proven track record for driving and growing revenue, please do not apply. This is a HANDS-ON management position with heavy sales duties. Experience is required.
General Manager, Boutique Fitness Studio
Club Pilates offers group reformer classes in various formats and levels to accommodate everyone seeking to learn Pilates and hone their fitness expertise. Club Pilates is a well-established, nation-wide brand, committed to providing affordable and accessible Pilates to the community.
Club Pilates is currently established in almost every state and multiple countries. Class formats target a wide range of clients’ needs – from young to more senior and beginner to advanced. Club Pilates was one of the first studios to create a 500-hour Teacher Training Program designed to thoroughly and safely teach group Pilates apparatus classes. Club Pilates has already sold 750 territories throughout the United States and Canada. Its over 2200 instructors provide over 17 million workouts a year to tens of thousands of members. Club Pilates has been recognized in Inc Magazine’s Inc. 500 and Inc. 5000 List two years in a row as well as Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500 two years in a row. We are truly a community-based environment, with many long-standing members who we care for like family and vice versa. Authenticity and passion are important to us.
The General Manager will be overseeing most all Studio functionality from Membership Sales to Retail Sales to Private Training to Instructors and more. We are looking for a true partner; someone who is in this as a career, not a part-time job. The primary responsibilities require strong sales experience with lead generation and sales of new memberships. Candidates MUST have a proven sales background and experience in the fitness industry is strongly desired. A passion for Pilates is an extra bonus!
- 3+ years of proven and effective membership sales or fitness sales experience
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to sell memberships in person, on the telephone and via email
- Ability to manage and drive 4 revenue streams: membership sales, retail sales, private training, and teacher training
- Extremely confident in generating personal sales and training less experienced Sales Reps
- A motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently (and collaborate with studio owners when needed)
- Strong focus on customer service, including professional and effective communication skills along with solid writing and grammar skills
- Ability to recognize areas of improvement and make changes using good judgment
- Highly organized, proficient in data management, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional, punctual, reliable and neat…with an attitude showing you care
- Trustworthy and ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers, clients and the general public
- Proficiency with computers and Studio software (e.g. ClubReady)
- Constant lead generation including Grass Roots Marketing, forming area partnerships, networking and more, with the need to continually evolve and develop new ways of reaching prospective members. Creativity will come in handy!
- Implement our effective sales process to schedule prospects into their first Intro class, and then pitching and closing those prospects onsite if not prior to them walking in
- Manage front desk staff schedule and supervise a small sales team
- Proficiency in ClubReady, to include revenue reports, attendance reports, etc.
- Independently make decisions related to high level customer service
- Collect out-standing dues
- Maintain impeccable cleanliness and organization of the Pilates Studio
- Enforce Club Pilates policies and procedures
- Partner with the owner to strategically manage marketing campaigns and social media to generate leads for the studio
- Any other duties as assigned
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This position offers a very competitive base salary; based on experience and performance
- Commission paid on membership sales, retail sales, private training, and more
- Opportunity for monthly bonuses based on studio performance
- Growth potential within the company as owners open new locations
If you do not have sales experience with a proven track record for driving and growing revenue, please do not apply. This is a HANDS-ON management position with heavy sales duties.‘
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10024: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Direct sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fitness Management: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.