Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Are you a cloud-experienced builder who thinks strategically, can engage with multiple stakeholders across an organization, and can drive key initiatives from inception to launch? If you answered yes to these questions, then this is the job for you.
We are seeking a Global Technical Business Development Director to expand customer-impact with our largest cloud service provider by driving new engagement and interaction across Amazon’s professional services, solutions architecture, and specialists teams, and with the partner community engaged in accelerating our customers’ journeys to the cloud. In this role, you have the opportunity and autonomy to create the technical strategy, define the right points of alignment, and deliver value across Splunk’s portfolio to joint customers. This role requires a deep understanding of Splunk’s solutions, relevant customer use cases, and how to best engage with AWS’s technical teams to create long-lasting customer impact.
- Work with Splunk Sales, SAs, partners and existing Splunk customers to define focused and creative solutions aligned to business outcomes for customers.
- Identify cross-functional stakeholder teams that can drive the design and execution of partner solution strategies, including surfacing customer-relevant solutions, working with key stakeholders to align and target Splunk partners, and launching new assets to yield business outcomes.
- Create a “Solutions Hub” flywheel, a repeatable and agile process to output solutions that can be taken to market with high velocity and that drive incremental Splunk iACV and ARR.
- Partner with global AWS field teams (Sales/SA/PS/Partner) to ensure that AWS technical teams understand where Splunk fits in the AWS architecture, how Splunk’s security, observability, and ITOps solutions can solve their customer’s technical and business problems, and that Splunk is top of mind..
- Work with partner marketing to identify key tactics, resources and timing needed to successfully execute the solution strategies and uncover net-new opportunities.
- Align with technical champions within AWS SA’s and ProServe communities to engage Splunk early in the technical design of new solutions and methodologies to ensure customer feasibility.
- Build, maintain and grow technical Executive relationships across Amazon.
- Build mechanism and best practice, document and manage technical interactions with AWS development and transformation teams.
- 10+ years of sales or business development experience in the software/technology industry (partner, AWS, GCP or Azure preferred)
- Experience in the Security/ Observability and Analytics verticals with customer & partners cases, such as SIEM, SOAR, data lakes, and ingest/egress of large datasets
- Prior experience helping Partners (all scale) and consulting partners build practices focused on cloud migration – de-risking and acceleration.
- Knowledge of different security/ observability offerings and services from other ISV’s, and in-depth understanding of this market.
- Consistently exceeds key performance metrics, with hands on experience negotiating enterprise contracts with F100 companies
- Technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/radical technologies like open source software, virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models.
- Develop outstanding joint value propositions and product strategy within AWS and in the Technical communities
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure and adoption
- Broad based technology experience including cloud computing, big data analytics, networking, security, and infrastructure management
- Master’s Degree in business or related field a plus
- USA Remote: Location: anywhere in USA (role is remote USA; not able to offer relocation) GLOBAL TRAVEL REQUIRED.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.