CAE is hiring Instructor Pilots!
Wouldn’t you rather be home each night and holiday?
Is your passion for aviation and transferring your knowledge seeking a place to belong?
Responsible for the delivery of flight training in a flight simulator and ground school in accordance with the appropriate regulatory agency, CAE approved curriculum, and customer requirements. Act as subject matter expert (SME) ready to lead client(s) through their training. After 1.5+ years, per business needs, designated Instructors are expected to qualify as a Training Center Evaluator (TCE) and customer contract check airman.
- Provides simulator/flight or classroom instruction on one or more aircraft types as assigned for the issue of licenses, type ratings, internal training, certificates, and pilot qualifications.
- Responsible for conducting pre and post flight simulator briefings in a thorough, professional manner in accordance with CAE standards
- Other required administrative duties (completes training records, recommends remedial training when necessary, track his/her own instructional qualifications and activity, etc.)
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) in creation of curricula and courseware when required
- Associate degree or college degree preferred; High School diploma or state issued equivalent required
- 2-5 years of related job-relevant experience
- Previous experience teaching or training of others preferred.
- Proven experience demonstrating a customer service orientation of work assignments.
- Must be authorized to live/work in the United States
- Basic computer proficiency, Microsoft Office, and other internet-based programs
- Must be able to participate in CAE’s DOT Anti-Drug & Alcohol testing program
- Holds an existing instructor qualification or type rating preferred
- Hold or has held a professional pilots’ license
- Preferred: FAR Part 135 experience, 3,000 hours of total flight time
- Preferred: Possess an unrestricted Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate and a minimum of one unrestricted PIC type rating preferred
- The physical dexterity required in performing tasks that require hand / eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- Ability to sit in a confined space for 4-6 hours at a time with limited breaks
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (as many as 10 hours) with limited breaks
- Ability to sit, stoop, climb and twist and turn
What to expect:
CAE offers a comprehensive training program to help transform your knowledge and skills as a pilot into a world-class Instructor and subject matter expert ready to lead clients through their training.
- A “true” professional character with the ability to create a welcoming and successful learning environment
- The proven ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels, both spoken and written
- Commitment to the customer – providing continuous “red carpet” customer service
- The capability to tailor training sessions to the needs of a diverse customer base
- A keen eye for detail – must be able and willing to maintain accurate and timely records in accordance with CAE policy and FAA requirements
Why Work for CAE?
CAE recognizes and values our dedicated employees and offers a welcoming and supportive work environment to help make a smooth transition into your new career!
We also offer full-time employees:
- Competitive base salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid Sick Leave and Vacation
- Paid Holidays – our holidays are currently arranged so you will be off between Dec 25 and January 1
Who is CAE?
CAE is a global leader in modelling, simulation and training for civil aviation. CAE is the largest network of civil training location with more than 210 full-flight simulators in 50+ training locations worldwide. CAE serves worldwide airlines, aircraft operators and manufacturers across the globe. Our vision is to be the recognized global training partner of choice to enhance safety, efficiency and readiness.
CAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.