Rudin Management Company seeks to hire a Handyperson to join the company. Responsibilities of the Handyperson include, but are not limited to, the overall operation and maintenance of the residential property they service. This is a 32BJ Union position.
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as electrical, plumbing, appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, and waste management systems;
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a safe and timely manner;
- Perform turn-key work as required to ensure vacant apartment homes are rent-ready in a timely manner;
- Maintain customer service standards: Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved;
- Apply all applicable company policies and procedures such as, but not limited to, company operating and safety standards. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff;
- Help ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations, building codes and environmental laws and regulations;
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks;
- May supervise the work of other associates and outside contractors;
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required;
- 1 year of experience in property management maintenance performing the duties associated with a Maintenance Technician;
- Able to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals;
- Able to occasionally operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine;
- Able to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, snow and ice removal equipment, ladders, landscaping equipment, sanders and safety equipment;
- Able to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies;
- Applicants required to have, or willing to obtain within 90 days of hire, NYC Fire Department Certificates of Fitness S-12 (sprinkler)/ S-13 (Standpipe), and any other required certificates/certifications as directed by employer.
Founded in 1925, Rudin Management Company is a multigenerational, family-owned company that develops, owns, and manages a portfolio of sustainable, diversified, best in class real estate assets and investments that create value for the communities where they exist.
Led by the third and fourth generations of the Rudin family, Rudin Management Company controls one of the largest privately owned real estate portfolios in New York City overseeing daily operations of 33 properties, including 16 commercial office buildings totaling 10.5 million square feet and 17 multifamily properties containing 4.7 million square feet. The company maintains a long-term approach to developing, managing, and maintaining timeless developments within the city of New York and is committed to reinvesting in and enhancing its properties.
Rudin Management Company prides itself on a high level of customer service to its tenants and residents, a corporate culture respectful and supportive of its employees, a commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, and its sterling reputation as a corporate citizen within the City. The Rudin family has a long tradition of service and philanthropy in New York City.
For more information on Rudin Management and its portfolio, visit www.rudin.com.
Rudin is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. Rudin makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment for all new employees. Rudin requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated by the time they begin employment with Rudin, unless they have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. All new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination in connection with Rudin’s mandatory vaccination policy.
Rudin will comply with the reasonable accommodation provisions of federal, state and local laws for those individuals who are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause undue hardship or pose a direct threat, in accordance with applicable law. If you require a medical or religious exemption, you will be given an opportunity to request one before you begin employment at the Company. If requesting a medical exemption, you may be required to provide documentation supporting your need for such exemption, in accordance with applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $29.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10021: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.