Attention Chefs. A fantastic career opportunity is AWAITING YOU!!
Our American Bistro and International Wine Bar is seeking a NEW Executive Chef. A perfect opportunity for experienced, motivated, creative and innovative fresh forward thinking Chef. We are established over 13 years with a great Midtown location.
Our goals together will include:
- Providing leadership and direction to the kitchen team, leading by example and demonstrating your work ethic, by showing up on time and putting in the hours
- A minimum of 4 years experience in UPSCALE Restaurant kitchens.
- Work a minimum of 50-55 hours per week which will include mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays respectively.
- Implement an understanding of forecasting for reaching food cost and labor cost goals
- Provide a broad, knowledgeable understanding of cooking, techniques, understanding proper flavor profiles, seasoning and presentation. Emphasizing on the American Bistro concept with an additional emphasis on seasonal healthy and specially sourced or local ingredients. Be amiable to special requests, vegetarian, gluten free and health conscious. Able to produce restaurant menus for all meal periods including brunch and event menus.
- Proficient in all NYC Dept. of Health practices and procedures with kitchen cleaning and proper sanitation to ensure a constant “A” grade from the NYCDOHMH. Including complying with all COVID-19 restrictions and regulations.
- Complete tasks, challenges and goals in timely fashion
- Provide menu analytics as well as analyzing industry trends and competition.
- Interface daily with General Manager and Corporate on initiatives, daily kitchen operations and kitchen related issues.
- Train all kitchen staff and ensure the kitchen is smoothly.
- Introduce new, more cost efficient suppliers and menu items. Implement an ordering system and reevaluate par values.
- Work in a personable and respectable manor with all co-workers. Conduct daily shift meetings with FOH staff.
If all of the above sounds like YOU then please send us your RESUME RIGHT AWAY! We offer a competitive salary, medical benefits, 401k and paid vacation.
Thank you for considering our opportunity
We are an EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Commuter assistance
- Employee discount
- Food provided
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Fine dining restaurant
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10017: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Culinary experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Chefs: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.