It’s one thing to pull the numbers but entirely different to transform those numbers into true insights that drive action and transformation. As a leading executive, you understand this and are an outstanding business partner ready to make a difference in the local media space.
With a purpose to serve the greater good of our communities, TEGNA is one of the nation’s largest local media companies and is seeking its next impact player to lead its insights function into the future. With rapidly changing consumers, a topsy-turvy media landscape and a quickly evolving measurement space, this is an exciting role for a leader who is visionary, motivated and collaborative.
The ideal candidate has a history of leading by example and serving as a coach to high performing teams. They are a critical, creative and entrepreneurial thinker. They have a deep understanding of consumer trends, especially as they relate to changing media habits and audience behaviors. They are a gifted and natural storyteller with excellent communication skills, comfortable in the c-suite and on the front lines. They are well-organized and highly collaborative, comfortable working with journalists, content creators, digital teams, sales teams and other stakeholders.
As an individual, they are unpretentious and value integrity, authenticity and carry a good sense of humor.
- Partner effectively with news, sales, marketing, and digital teams to plan and complete research projects that support KPI growth
- Measure programming against KPIs and provide context and analysis of results
- Leverage internal and external consumption and viewership data to define trends
- Oversee the analysis of projects in development to estimate potential KPI performance
- In partnership with Tegna’s technology team and business partners, rethink Tegna’s data infrastructure to better meet current and future business needs
- Supervise change management initiatives relating to automation
- Assemble a diversely talented staff and cultivate an environment of innovation and excellence
- Conduct diligence around, lead negotiations with and manage select research vendors
- Identify and partner with 3rd parties on key research initiatives
- Serve as a guidepost for station research needs
- Represent Tegna on key industry boards and at industry events
- Masters/MBA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant insight, research and strategy experience that ideally includes streaming
- Vendor relationships and understanding of metrics partners including: Nielsen, Google Analytics, ComScore, Scarborough (Marshall Marketing, Stowell), Media Monitors, Crowdtangle, Chartbeat, and Qualtrics
- Experience leading a team of five or more
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
New York, NY
Marketing, Media – Journalism – Newspaper
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.