Based in Chanel’s offices in Midtown Manhattan and reporting to the Head of Retail Innovation based in London, the Head of US Atelier Beauté CHANEL will be an integral partner in defining and building out this newly created function and in contributing to the definition and implementation of a long-term vision for Chanel in the US.
The team will provide fresh perspective and build capabilities for the House of Chanel by continuing to assert the role of this new concept as an internal innovation lab developing complementary capabilities and conducting tests for the long-term benefit of the House.
The Head of US Atelier Beauté CHANEL will explore, experiment, and iterate micro-experiments within new concepts and models, and defining successful modalities to transfer wining models, ideas, and concepts to the existing core business of the brand. The person will be highly entrepreneurial, leveraging external trends, data-driven insights and new ways of working to design, build and deliver alternative business models that provide new ways of broadening and deepening brand perceptions and testing disruptive hypotheses.
WHAT IMPACT YOU CAN CREATE AT CHANEL
- Partner with the Head of Retail Innovation and Global Long Term Development team members to test and iterate around the model and define its future for the NYC location.
- Champion and continue to iterate on a long-term beauty retail innovation lab for Chanel in the US.
- Define and leverage forward-thinking KPIs and new evaluative frameworks for new tests that expand on and evolve from existing value models to drive business decisions.
- Develop new client segments with a focus on lifetime client value for the Brand.
- Partner with new resources and vendors to identify and deliver new approaches to operational and strategic challenges in operating new businesses.
- Share back data and insights that can be leveraged by regions and divisions to continue to drive existing core business.
- Directly manage some of the corporate and retail team members (~15 people) while collaborating with transversal functions on the team (Digital, Creative, Tech), acting as a leader and a coach to ensure team’s growth as well as their ability to develop, deliver and execute on business plans.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
The ideal candidate will be both an operational and strategic leader with proven experience in running a business. Understanding of luxury beauty is critical. Given the importance of digital for the evolving world of luxury and for our clients, a deep understanding of the value technology can bring to the client experience and to the business is key. A highly analytical and business-centric mindset is also critical, with deep curiosity to uncover new insights to drive business decisions and the executional ability to operate and deliver. Commercial mindset to include both business management and evaluation of marketing channels is important. He or she will have the maturity and presence to represent Chanel to internal and external partners with high level leadership and influencing skills. Some additional performance competencies crucial for success:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus.
- Entrepreneurial, solutions oriented and self-directed.
- Comfort with ambiguity and complexity, with the ability to translate to the concrete.
- Analytical ability to predict, measure and iterate on experiments and the unknown.
- Ability to build connections and bring people along through change.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question the status quo.
- Internal consulting mindset and a sense of pragmatism.
- Strength in project management, execution and strategic thinking.
- Resourceful, solutions oriented and resilient.
WHAT CHANEL CAN OFFER YOU
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience, and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.