He or she should assemble, model, validate, and analyze data on trends in the City’s healthcare system and provide actionable insights for decision-making to support the City’s triple aim of improving the quality of care, reducing costs, and improving the patient experience. Data visualization will help frame the big picture.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
Responsibilities include preparing reports, presenting information, reviewing information to validate decisions, and making recommendations on changes. In addition, the candidate is expected to pull and integrate data from different sources, evaluate and reprocess raw data, dig into the data to identify discrepancies and/or patterns.
He or she should also provide input for Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFPs) and assist in associated activities arising from it including implementation and communications. Working knowledge of the health care sector is integral in understanding the complexity that the job entails.
- A master’s degree in health care, health information management and technology, finance, statistics, or business or public administration, and full-time professional experience in the health care/health insurance sector or employee benefit design or economic planning.
- Analytical thinking, understanding of medical terminology, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Minimum Qual Requirements
To be appointed to Assignment Level II and above, candidates must have:
1. A doctorate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and one year of full-time experience in a responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of specialization; or
2. A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and three years of responsible full-time research experience in the appropriate field of specialization; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least a master’s degree in an appropriate field of specialization and at least two years of experience described in “2” above. Two years as a City Research Scientist Level I can be substituted for the experience required in “1” and “2” above.
Appointments to this position are subject to a minimum probationary period of one year.
- CITY EMPLOYEES: Apply through Employee Self Service (ESS) at www.nyc.gov/ess
- ALL OTHER APPLICANTS: Go to www.nyc.gov/careers
SEARCH FOR JOB ID#: 531754
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.