The Guild For Exceptional Children
The Guild for Exceptional Children and Adults is HIRING Direct Support Professionals (DSP’s) for residential homes in Bay Ridge Brooklyn to work with adults with intellectual and physical disabilities.
The Guild For Exceptional Children and Adults currently has many part time Direct Support Professional positions open in our Residential and Day programs for caring individuals who would like to work with and care for adults with intellectual and physical disabilities.
Job Responsibilities: DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL (DSP)
- Assist in the day-to-day provision of activities of daily living, as well as active programming, according to the Individuals program plans.
- Promotes and protects the Individuals civil and personal rights as well as help to maintain the Individuals’ state of well being, both physical and emotional as outlined in the program plans, and applicable regulations.
- Ensures the safety of the Individuals, co-workers, and self through the appropriate use of universal precautions, personal protective equipment, appropriate lifting, and other techniques.
Applicants (DSP) must be willing and able to complete and acquire the following certifications:
- Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP)
- Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Applicants (DSP) should be able to:
- Assist with transferring, lifting and providing physical intervention to developmentally disabled Individuals.
- Exhibit patience and sensitivity to Individuals with developmental disabilities who may exhibit challenging behaviors, i.e. verbal, physical and emotional outbursts.
- Accompany Individuals on community outings, assisting with transportation as assigned including driving an agency vehicle if you possess a driver’s license.
- Assist Individuals with activities of daily living, such as toileting, showering, and feeding.
Minimum qualifications: High School Diploma or GED
No additional experience required.
Salary Range With Education:
$15.30 – H.S. Diploma/GED
$16.05 – Bachelors Degree
$16.80 – Masters Degree in a related field
DRIVERS – Willing to learn to drive a passenger van!!!
And other various shifts available.
Applicants must be available for one (1) week of training Monday to Friday during day hours.
COME JOIN US AND WORK WITH ADULTS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES!
GEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.30 – $16.80 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
The Guild abides by CDC and OPWDD. All employees must wear a face mask and complete temperature checks and be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.