At Mel’s we value our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming work culture. We believe in a ‘whole house’ mentality and we expect all departments (Pastry, Savory, Dining Room, and Facilities) to support and motivate each other to achieve our goal of guest satisfaction. As a Host, you will interact with all of these departments regularly and should be able to communicate effectively and respectfully with your co-workers & managers.
Mel’s is anticipated to open in February 2022.
This is a full time position and requires flexible schedule availability: including nights, weekends and lunches. The restaurant will be closed for Thankskgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. The rate for this position ranges from $12.50 an hour to $15 an hour (based on experience) + gratuities.
Our restaurants offer access to insurance enrollments (must maintain 25 hours per week), no cost life insurance, a short term disability policy, an Employee Assistance Program (with access to free mental health counseling), 40% dining discounts at group restaurants, referral bonuses, and more!
- Must have 2 years + experience in a fast paced NYC restaurant as a Host
- Experience working with Resy is preferred
- Must be able to lift & carry at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable with repetitive motions (such as walking, bending & standing)
- Must be knowledgeable of Industry critics & awards
- Must have full schedule availability
- Must be able to take constructive criticism and work well in a team dynamic
- Be warm, knowledgeable and noticeably appreciative
- Accommodate guests by making each individual feel welcome
- Act professionally and always maintain composure
- Identify and report problems to management immediately
- Be aware of service flow, dining timing, and adjust for each guest’s individual needs
- Implement and follow steps of service
More detail about Mel’s part of Radicle Hospitality