Greets and seats customers, receives payment and assists service personnel as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Greets and welcomes customers immediately upon arrival and verifies number in their party, determines special needs, i.e. High chair, special menu, smoking preference, etc.
- Collects payment from customers immediately in accordance with established cash handling procedures and handles customer complaint/suggestions appropriately.
- Seats customers at tables/booths appropriate for their needs and those of the restaurant.
- Handles incoming phone calls immediately
- Maintains proper supply of menus and insures that they are clean and good repair.
- If able, supplies customers with initial beverage order and provides beverage refills.
- Assists service personnel in cleaning and setting tables.
- Maintains clean, organized waiting area and register area (drawers, shelves etc.)
- Must be courteous and friendly with guest, smile and present a professional image at all times.
- Embodies and promotes Denny’s Inc. and Franchise company values.
Customers are greeted and seated in a pleasant and courteous manner following company timing standards. Guest are asked about their dinning experience and invited to return. Guest check transactions are handled properly such that register totals balance at the end of shift.
- Extensive standing without breaks
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 21/2 to 3 feet
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to fit through openings 30” wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours and under heavy pressure/stress
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating with customers
- Operating cash register
- Must be able to work computer and have good phone skills
- Carrying trays of food product weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Must be able to observe and differentiate between monetary denominations.
- Simple math skills required.
- Ability to communicate well with guests
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and/or operate in work area.
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling.
- Must immediately inform management of any safety hazards, equipment problems complaints from guests or other employees
- Must maintain a professional image at all times
- Must immediately inform management of any safety hazards, equipment problems and guest and peer employee complaints.
- Must complete all video training, anti-discrimination & anti-harassment training and comply with Denny’s nondiscrimination policies.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
- Concluding statement for all job descriptions: This position will include any and all duties assigned to ensure the proper functioning of operations in the department/area.
Denny’s is the place that is always open for you to be who you want, with the people you want, over the food you want…whenever you want. We celebrate the inherent creativity of our food and the uniqueness of all people. So, come as you are. Enjoy pancakes for dinner or burgers for breakfast. You are always welcome at America’s Diner, where we are Open for Anything.
Job types: Full-time, Part-time
Education: No education required
Work location: On-site
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.