Job Number 22078602
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The Times Square EDITION, 701 7th Avenue, New York, New York, United States
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to verify property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
- Verifies guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to verify adequate supplies.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Verifies all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and verifies compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and verifies employees do the same with them.
- Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
- Verifies employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process, where applicable.
- Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Verifies employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Understands the brand’s service culture.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve service performance.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.