Information Technology Services – Program Management Office (ITS PMO)
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you’ll do
Provides hands-on advanced project management and support for multiple projects across numerous functional and technical units within the Firm, utilizing ITS and PMO standard tools, processes and methods. Works effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment, employing highly developed relationship management, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills. Independently manages all aspects of SDLC and Project Delivery Process for strategic projects/programs that range in scope, budget and team size to the level of large projects, involving medium to high levels of risk and complexity. Identifies and manages cross-dependencies, proactively resolves issues/risks/impacts among multiple projects in a program. Works with varying levels of leadership across Information Technology Services (ITS) and the firm from staff through Partner, Principal, and Director level. Owns the implementation of all applicable PMO and related ITS processes, methodologies, and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Takes full accountability for the proper and consistent execution of all projects. Serves in an advisory and consultative role to teams and stakeholders on all project-related activities. Skillfully manages scope of projects and the expectation of the stakeholders, and the forward progress of teams responsible for the work.
ITS PMO project managers work together with teams and stakeholders at all levels to provide consistent, high quality project and management services – including, but not limited to, duties such as: partnering with engagement managers to lead delivery teams; creating/delivering executive reporting; performing proactive issue/risk/change management and solutioning; escalation management; integrating work across teams; proactively identifying/managing key dependencies; leading with unified approach to successful delivery and focus on achieving business value.
Other duties include:
- Develops, manages, and maintains comprehensive, accurate project plans and schedules, as well as performs estimation, forecasting, planning, analysis, issue / risk / change management, escalation management, meeting facilitation, variance analysis, and status reporting.
- Simultaneously manage work across multiple streams of the Deloitte project lifecycle which includes requirements definition and business alignment, systems development and configuration, data and systems coordination, communications, end user adoption and training.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the delivery of projects with medium – high level of complexity, directly affecting the firm’s strategy to meet technology and business requirements on time and within budget.
- Builds and maintains relationships with partner/principals and firm director level through employee level, including CIO/ITS and customer leaders, channel leads, product owners, shared resource leaders, technical team leads, technical and non-technical teams.
- Proactively identifies, assesses risks and issues, proposes solutions, negotiates across stakeholders and resolves conflicts/roadblocks
- Serves in an advisory and consultative role to teams and stakeholders on all project-related activities.
- Possesses advanced level skills in leading executive-level steering committees, producing and delivering communications to the executive level and experience auditing projects and summarizing results and producing management reports
- Influences and executes project management methodologies and standards including those within the ITS Project Delivery Process and SDLC, PMI PMBOK, SAFe and ITS PMO procedures, also ensures they are followed by project team members.
- Responsible for creating and controlling project documentation, providing and maintaining accurate and timely project information in all project plans, communications, status reporting, SharePoint sites.
- Responsible for effective project kickoff, identification of all project stakeholders, defining and clarifying project roles and responsibilities.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and project teams to effectively manage and deliver quality products.
- Works closely with sponsors, stakeholders, users, technical team leads, technical and non-technical resources, and management to execute core project management functions end to end on strategic projects that range in scope, budget and team size to the level of large, involving moderate to high levels of risk and complexity.
- Proposes changes to ITS and PMO methodologies, frameworks, best practices for continuous process improvement; participates in teams that undertake continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Has responsibility for maintaining effective management of multiple concurrent project assignments, project tracking, issue resolution, time gathering and reporting, and communicating project progress.
- Works with all stakeholders to identify and confirm resource necessary resources, throughout the project lifecycle.
- Configures, utilizes, and supports key project management tools.
- Conducts regular project reviews and communicates the status of projects in both formal and informal settings. Responsible for knowing and communicating a project’s status accurately throughout project lifecycle. May include presenting status to business/technical steering committees.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to team members and their respective managers; is proactive in the identification and resolution of issues that may negatively impact a project or project deliverables; seeks and implements innovative ways to remove project obstacles. Escalates as appropriate.
- Motivates and leading project teams and instilling a mindset of collaboration and continuous process improvement.
- Promotes the effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of both quality assurance and software development processes and methodologies, with the ability to share knowledge with peers, development and QA groups, and project team members.
- Informally mentors other non-PMO team members on structured methodology, best practices.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Office of the CIO
The Office of the CIO establishes the vision for ITS and guides the organization by:
- Establishing technology strategy and the mission for ITS
- Advancing and enhancing the governance process
- Developing a culture of courage to motivate, inspire, include, and recognize our colleagues
- Engaging in strategic eminence opportunities to share the ITS story and passion for the possible
- Strengthening and fostering business and ITS relationships
- Minimum of 5+ years of diverse experience in an IT Project Management role including significant experience managing medium to large projects and multiple, concurrent projects
- 5+ years of Project management in Infrastructure projects in addition to standard IT project management.
- 8+ years of experience within Information Technology
- Experience in managing project teams of 10 or more people
- Ability to own and drive successful delivery of the projects/programs
- Extensive experience with core PM tools including ServiceNow, Microsoft Project Professional, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.), and others
- Experience in enterprise-wide Systems/Platforms/Cloud Migrations a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience in IT Mergers and Acquisition.
- PMP certified; ITIL, COBIT, Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certifications a plus
- Ability to travel as required (may require up to 10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical/business discipline and/or professional experience in lieu of degree
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience and/or certifications
- Advanced knowledge of PM methodology, tools and techniques
- Advanced leadership and general management skills, including advanced negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and analytical skills required. Must be able to easily grasp and communicate complex ideas.
- Must have advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle and/or infrastructure project delivery.
- Experienced in methods of estimating time and resources for task assignments and resource leveling.
- Advanced problem-solver. Finds simple answers to complex questions or problems. Thinks outside the box. Uses knowledge gained through prior experience, education, training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
- Drives for results. Motivates team while constantly driving towards key milestones. Maintains constant awareness of project deliverables; keeps team focused on short- and long-term milestones; aware of project timeline and budget.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical and technical abilities and task management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, assign and manage work activities, meet deadlines and develop project management reporting
- Advanced skills in producing and delivering communications to the executive level and experience auditing projects and summarizing results and producing management reports
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and independently; performs work effectively with minimal supervision
- Able to maintain a high degree of customer / client / sponsor satisfaction while also maintaining necessary project controls
- Demonstrated ability to “think outside the box” while identifying problems and developing creative solutions
- Experience developing/managing medium to large project schedules
- Experience in working with offshore resources
- Experience in managing vendors and ensuring contract terms are met
- Knowledge of IT applications and resource teams
- Fosters a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with teams and clients (internal and external).
- Knowledge of Deloitte ITS applications and resource teams
- Consulting experience a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.