GE Current, a Daintree company
Current is the digital engine for intelligent environments. Current blends advanced LED technology with networked sensors and software to make commercial buildings, retail stores, industrial facilities and cities more energy efficient & productive. Backed by a broad ecosystem of technology partners, Current is helping businesses and cities unlock hidden value and realize the potential of their environments. www.gecurrent.com
Fast paced, significant and demanding position that will perform primary inside sales role for the Petroleum/C-Store channel. Role includes understanding critical business issues to achieve sales growth objectives for the company. Strong written and interpersonal skills are a must to champion relationships with agents, distributors, contractors, and internal teams. Position works closely with internal departments including Customer Support, National Accounts, Quotations, Operations, and other business areas. Understanding of supply chain and assisting with inventory planning to support the business are requirements along with good problem solving skills. Can handle ambiguity by operating effectively, even when things are not certain and the way forward is not clear. Role serves as the primary point of contact for driving sales initiatives including but not limited to: Compiling and submitting requests for job quotations, researching driven substitutes to competitor fixtures, follow up on jobs that have been bid, collect and disburse RMA’s and follow up on customer requests. Light travel may be required for potential customer and agent visits and industry trade shows.
- Support specific sales priorities as assigned by the Vertical Manager.
- Support Petroleum/CStore field sales with all requests to develop new business.
- Provide service and support to assigned agents and customers to drive targeted sales growth.
- Contact current customers about sales opportunities including stock and flow business and job opportunities.
- Contact potential customers to pursue new business opportunities.
- Support agents on opportunities to sell higher margin products, new products, and excess or obsolete inventory.
- Lead all aspects of pricing and quotes for assigned distributors and end users.
- Work with Quotations in support of key accounts ensuring price competitiveness within the market.
- Work within quote guidelines to be responsive to inquiries to secure new business.
- Provide monthly and ad hoc sales analysis for agent territories and sales promotions.
- Improve processes and help to establish and detail sales policies.
- Work with Customer Service Department to handle customer inquiries such as product availability order entry, back order resolution, returns etc.
- Understand agreements and maintain accurate records.
- Understand manufacturing lead times to set appropriate customer expectations.
- Attend appropriate Operations and Forecasting meetings.
- Light travel when vital for customer meetings, agent training, and industry tradeshows
- Ideal candidate will have proven ability with inside sales or sales support role.
- Specifically, field sales or inside sales experience in the petroleum, lighting or electrical industry is considered very desirable. Experience with SAP and Power BI is helpful.
- Experience working with agents and familiar with two-step distribution model a plus.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and excellent eye for business.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong “teaming” skills and the ability to develop relationships with key partners across functional areas.
- Excellent digital literacy including proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelors Degree in Communication or Business
GE Current, a Daintree Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.