The New York County District Attorney’s Office has an immediate opening for an Intelligence Analyst in its Crime Strategies Unit (CSU). The Crime Strategies Unit proactively gathers and analyzes crime data and intelligence to drive the Office’s strategies on crime reduction and public safety. Members of CSU work closely with the New York City Police Department to identify and study crime trends, as well as groups and individuals most responsible for driving crimes that impact our communities, including violent crime, theft, and fraud. CSU also supports the mission of the Gun Violence Strategic Partnership, which brings together both state and federal law enforcement agencies to combat gun violence throughout New York City.
Intelligence analysts are responsible for providing CSU with investigative, analytical, and data manipulation support. The position requires a critical thinker with a strong combination of data skills and technological savvy. Candidates should also possess strong organizational and communication skills, as CSU relies on analysts’ work product in presentations to the highest levels of the District Attorney’s Office as well as law enforcement and community partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather, analyze, and process data using industry-current and in-house proprietary applications to produce a complete model of crime trends in Manhattan neighborhoods.
- Assist in developing and implementing intelligence-driven prosecution strategies targeting priority offenders.
- Analyze intelligence to identify gun violence drivers in conjunction with local, state, and federal partners.
- Gather, organize, and analyze firearm traces and ballistic comparison reports and data.
- Support day-to-day unit functions as needed .
- Create descriptive presentations and reports using statistical analysis, including cleaning and synthesizing data, and reconciling qualitative and quantitative data sources.
- Perform a full range of administrative and paralegal duties as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Advanced Excel experience (pivot tables; charts; functions; etc.) preferred.
- Strong skillset in: data mapping, including geocoding; photo editing; and a fast learner regarding new technology tools and software. Experience using Photoshop; ArcGIS; i2 Analyst Notebook; etc. a plus.
- Superior organizational, time management, writing, and communication skills are essential.
- Capable of building institutional relationships with community residents and organizations, police, and other law enforcement agencies.
- Ability to effectively communicate investigative results to other team members, and to testify in court if necessary.
- Experience in the Criminal Justice System preferred.
- An understanding of general practices related to legal records management, data protection, and privacy/confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Two (2) year commitment to hiring bureau.
- Pursuant to the Mayor’s Executive Order 75, as of August 2, 2021, all newly hired employees must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered employment with DANY, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved at the time of your on-boarding process.
- As a current or prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. Please review the notice to see if you may be eligible for programs and how to apply at nyc.gov/studentloans .
The New York County District Attorney’s Office is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.