At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.
The mission of the Internal Audit Division is to provide independent, objective assurance designed to make valuable contributions and improve operations. Freddie Mac’s Internal Audit team focuses on providing independent assurance over how credit, market, liquidity, operational, and strategic risks are managed at Freddie Mac.
**This position is may be performed on a hybrid schedule, 2days in office and 3 days work from home, or a remote work schedule in the U.S.**
Staff members on the Internal Audit team are highly-skilled audit and risk management professionals with a demonstrated ability to provide valuable audit and advisory services to Freddie Mac. The team plays a critical role in shaping Freddie Mac’s approach to managing credit, market, liquidity, operational, and strategic risks by providing independent, objective, and valuable assurance of risk management, governance, and controls.
The Audit Manager will be part of this team and focus on carrying out end-to-end audit services focused on different Freddie Mac business functions, including data management. As part of the Third Line of Defense, the candidate will work closely with risk partners in the Second Line of Defense and practitioners in the First Line of Defense. The Audit Manager will also have the opportunity to coach more junior team members on projects to help with their growth and development. Lastly, the Audit Manager will build and maintain well handled independent relationships with audit clients.
- 10+ years proven experience, including public accounting, risk management, internal audit and 4+ years of management/supervisory experience.
- Proficient in fundamental audit skills including risk/control assessments, setting testing strategy, root cause analysis, audit documentation and audit methodology
- Experience in coaching/training, workpaper reviews and providing timely written project evaluations.
- CIA or CPA certification required
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry
- Experience auditing financial institutions across different risks
- Executive presence and outstanding communications skills (both oral and written)
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Be an inspiring leader while ensuring audit work is completed timely and in keeping with professional standards.
- Maintain, track and communicate project status to partners.
- Provide consultative advice to business management on current or emerging risks, control and governance matters.
- Monitor management’s remediation of identified issues and supervise the testing related to the effectiveness of the remediation.
- Based on the work performed, identify and draft strategic, business focused issues and effectively communicate results to relevant partners.
- Conduct internal training sessions to share knowledge and standard methodologies.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to visualize across a variety of processes.
- Knowledge of data governance, data architecture, data quality or cloud data management.
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Freddie Mac provides anticipated base salary ranges where required by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.