At the end of the day, it’s much more than just numbers. For our audit team, it’s about being as innovative as the products and content we create. Whether it’s minimizing risk or providing consulting to our executives, they are constantly devising new ways to add value and efficiencies. They work hard and support every department with the necessary resources to optimize the business. To find effective strategies that turn negatives into positives. It’s a career that requires tremendous integrity, scrupulous attention to detail and the drive to always think beyond the obvious.
- Support financial, operational and system reviews domestically and internationally
- Evaluate whether risks to the company are identified and minimized, acceptable internal policies and procedures are followed, resources are used efficiently and economically and the organization’s objectives are effectively achieved
- Represent the internal audit department on company initiatives and special projects, both domestic and international
- Play a critical role in delivering a data analytics centered approach to the global internal audit program. Use data driven analytics to identify risk areas and deliver audit results with impact to senior management.
- Progress the development of cutting edge technology using data visualization software, such as Qliksense, to integrate data across the complex global landscape of our business
- Assist management with enterprise risk assessment and annual audit plan development
- Contribute to internal department initiatives, such as training and development, updates to internal audit policies and procedures and other internal projects, as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Majored in Business, Accounting/Finance or related field preferred)
- CPA or CIA preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of progressive experience in a public accounting firm or private industry internal audit or finance/accounting department
- Business process knowledge (such as Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Order to Cash)
- Experience in applying data analytics and data modelling to audit, such as the design and development of data analytics tools or experience performing and reporting data analytics
- Experience in data visualization software, such as Qliksense, is preferred.
- SAP experience preferred
- Foreign language proficiency a plus
- Media or Entertainment industry experience is also a plus
- Ability to travel internationally (+/-30% travel)
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, this position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.