Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is composed of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-back innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. These capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that employs nearly 43,000 people with operations in 55 countries with headquarters in Glenview, IL. Our campus includes a fitness center at no cost to the employees, cafeteria, outdoor volleyball courts, walking trails around the facility, employee resource groups, corporate discounts, dry cleaning services, covered/outdoor parking, and much more. We are just a block away from the nearest Metra station, and it is a quick 20-minute train ride to downtown Chicago, museums, lakefront, and other activities.
More details on our benefits can be found on our website at https://www.itw.com/careers/benefits-compensation/
The IT Incident Responder is part of the Corporate IT Cyber Security team and is responsible for responding to any reported or detected intrusions with urgency and precision. The IT Incident Responder will gather as much information as possible about incidents and methodically organize findings and documentation surrounding incidents.
- Perform accurate and precise real-time analysis and correlation of logs/alerts from a multitude of devices with a focus on the determination of whether said events constitute security incidents
- Respond to and, where appropriate, facilitate resolution of reported security incidents
- Categorize and report on incidents, identifying themes and trends
- Participate in Critical Incident Response Planning through testing and maintenance of our plans
- Meet with 3rd Party Vendors to review threat factors and activities and ensure prompt, thorough follow up
- Monitor system logs, SIEM tools and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret such activity and make recommendations for resolution.
- Investigate and resolve security violations by providing post-incident analysis to illuminate the issues and possible solutions
- Develop a strong working relationship with the technical operations team to efficiently collaborate on potential security threats or incidents
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related business field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience required working in an information systems organization
- Proven record of building collaborative cross-functional relationships
- Experience troubleshooting systems issues
- Outstanding Communication; ability to clearly organize and effectively convey both written and verbal information
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Organization and planning; ability to understand and determine priorities, effectively manage time and develop work plans in order to accomplish tasks and/or projects
- Judgment and decision making; ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Ability to work under pressure; work concurrently on multiple initiatives in different stages and pay attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable effective security incident and problem resolution.
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (“ITW” or “the Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email [email protected] to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.