County of Orange
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and the successful candidate’s qualifications. All salary negotiations are subject to the appropriate authorization.
The Orange County Employees Retirement System is seeking a highly motivated leader with supervisory and project management experience to join our growing Information Technology team!
The ideal candidate will have the a
bility to oversee and lead all aspects of the application development cycle.
OCERS offers a competitive benefits package, a defined benefit pension plan which has reciprocity with the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and a deferred compensation plan. OCERS’ also offers a
Educational and Professional Reimbursement, a $3,500 taxable optional benefit plan, and a
flexible/hybrid work schedule
The Orange County Employees Retirement System invites you to join our growing Information Technology TEAM! We are now accepting on-line applications to fill the position of Information Technology Supervisor. This recruitment is open to the public and is being held to establish an Eligible List. The established eligible list may be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until the needs of OCERS have been met.
WHO ARE WE
Established in 1945, the Orange County Employees Retirement System (OCERS) provides retirement, death, disability, and cost-of-living benefits to retirees of the County of Orange and certain County districts. Serving approximately 48,000 members, OCERS is governed by a ten-member Board of Retirement that is responsible for managing a $21 billion dollar fund. For more information about OCERS, please click here.
OCERS mission is to provide secure retirement and disability benefits with the highest standards of excellence.
OCERS vision is to be a trusted partner providing premier pension administration, distinguished by consistent, quality member experiences and prudent financial stewardship.
- Open and Transparent
- Commitment to Superior Service
- Engaged and Dedicated Workforce
- Reliable and Accurate
- Secure and Sustainable
The IT Supervisor will report directly to the IT Programming Manager. This position will work cohesively with the IT Operations Supervisor and IT Operations Manager in providing OCERS team members and management with high-quality and effective technology solutions and support that contribute to the exceptional and efficient administration of the System.
The ideal incumbent will be an experienced, articulate team-oriented individual with the ability to manage the programming team in designing, developing and maintaining software application solutions, coordinating software deployments and serve as a project manager on IT-related projects.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership, direct and functional supervision, work assignments and guidance to two Sr. IT Applications Developers
- Provide project supervision, leadership, technical and administrative duties related to complex application development as well as modification of existing special purpose software and various hardware and software upgrade projects
- Design, coordinate and implement software applications, database and utility program testing, data conversion and quality assurance processes along with other technology staff
- Effectively communicate and interface with application users, OCERS management and other technology team members in order to define project scope, application and system requirements and to review project activities, recommendations and outcomes
- Design, write, revise and maintain code for application development, enhancement or modification using programming logic, scripts and documentation
- Provide professional support, troubleshoot, evaluate, resolve and debug complex application function and programming related problems
- Develop and maintain programming standards and change control procedures
- Provide training to end-users and technology staff in order to provide information and instruction on application functions
- Prepare reports, correspondence, procedures, training materials and other written documents for both internal and external distribution
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field that has provided the candidate with a sound conceptual understanding of information technology, application development and programming concepts.
- Three (3) years of experience performing applications development and analysis at an experienced developer level.
- Demonstrated professional-level competency and/or certification with Oracle databases, Java Programming, and Microsoft technologies.
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Working knowledge in web services, microservices architecture, API design, scalable system architecture and supporting production services
- Knowledge of database design, database maintenance, creating queries, stored procedures and reports
- Microsoft SharePoint Certification
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with extensive experience in communicating and working cohesively with vendors, department managers and directors, technical and non-technical team members in individual and team environments
- Experience with mentoring team members and sharing knowledge and expertise with both the IT team and across departments
- Exceptional ability to plan, organize, prioritize and perform work effectively and efficiently within stated timeframes and in a professional manner
- Ability to work in collaboration with multiple departments and functional groups
- Demonstrated professional-level competency and/or certification as an Oracle Certified Professional Master
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer, IT Professional and/or Technology Specialist
- Substantial experience in performing system, software, database and programming analysis, problem-solving and technical support services in a complex business environment, specifically financial and payroll system applications
to view the minimum qualifications and education substitution criteria for this position.
- Business workflows and capabilities of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2019, Business Intelligence
- Knowledge of SharePoint online
- Custom SharePoint web parts
- Detailed knowledge and current experience with the latest technologies: web application development and maintenance, web services, microservices architecture, and API design
- Microsoft .NET framework, ASP.NET, MVC, relational databases and report writing
- Technical documentation writing
- Oversee and lead all aspects of the software development cycle including: planning, analysis, requirements definition, design, program development, testing, implementation and integration and production support
- Oversee and lead all aspects of the application development cycle, including requirement definition, program development, testing, including testing automation, implementation, integration and production support
- Plan organize, prioritize and perform work effectively, efficiently, within stated time frames and in a professional manner
- Demonstrate strict confidentiality, professionalism, integrity and compliance with applicable laws and regulations at all times
- Work with pre-existing guidelines and standard operating procedures in a fast-paced professional environment
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Work independently with users and executives to identify opportunities to leverage application development to enhance business processes and procedures
- Work with competing deadlines and changing priorities
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
OCERS is committed to providing a means for applicants who may have a disability to identify areas in which they may request a reasonable accommodation. The following is a description of the physical and mental abilities that are customarily required to perform the essential job functions of this position. Applicants are encouraged to contact the recruiter listed below for any questions or to request an accommodation during the testing/selection process.
Physical and Mental Characteristics:
- Vision sufficient to read standard text, read a computer monitor and to drive
- Speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably in English in person, over the telephone and in groups
- Independent body mobility to frequently stand, sit, walk, stoop and bend to access a standard office environment
- Manual dexterity to use hands, arms and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard, to write and to drive
- Mental stamina to interact professionally with members of the Board of Retirement, Participating Employers, peers and retirement system members
- Occasional grasping, holding and reaching
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Body strength sufficient to lift up to 20 pounds
Work is typically performed in an indoor office environment, but occasionally requires travel to other locations. Occasional early morning, evening, holiday and/or weekend work may be required.
OCERS Human Resources Department screens all applications and supplemental information forms to identify qualified candidates.
Applications submitted without a completed supplemental information form will be disqualified from further consideration. After screening, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process and notified of all further procedures applicable to their application status.
In-Person Examination (AAP) |
Applicants who meet desirable qualifications will be invited to participate in one or more job-related examinations. Applicants will be notified via email of this process. Only the most successful candidates will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process.
Qualifications Appraisal Panel (QAP) |
Candidates will be interviewed and rated by a panel of job knowledge experts. Each candidate’s rating will be based on responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the candidate’s qualifications for the job. Candidate’s responses to the structured questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete. Only the most successful candidates will be placed on the eligible list.
Based on OCERS needs and the number of applications received, the selection procedures listed above may be modified and all affected candidates will be notified.
After all the test procedures have been completed, OCERS Human Resources Department will establish an eligible list for the OCERS location
HOW TO APPLY
Only on-line applications with the completed supplemental questions will be accepted.
E-mail is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct e-mail address is on your application and only use one e-mail account. Your application should highlight all of the areas in which you have developed expertise, matching your professional experience with the specific qualifications and competencies listed above.
All required information submitted will be evaluated in order to identify the most qualified candidates. Application and supplemental information must be current, clear, succinct and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
You are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The information you provide may be used as a rating device, so please be detailed in your response. Failure to do so may result in a lower rating or “disqualification.” Remember, this is a competitive recruitment and only the most qualified will be referred to the next step in the process.
Clarity of expression, grammar, spelling and your ability to follow instructions may also be considered in the evaluation process.
NOTE: Responses of “See Resume” or copy and paste of work experience are not a qualifying response and will not be evaluated or rated. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and any supplemental questions. If you have no experience, write “no experience” for the appropriate question.
You may apply on-line at the OCERS website: https://www.ocers.org/careers-ocers.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Felicia Durrah at
(714) 569- 4810 or email [email protected]
Do not submit resumes to this email address as they will not be considered in lieu of the required application process.
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve and laws, regulations, and policies regarding COVID-19 are subject to change. The County of Orange is required to comply with any State or County Public Health Orders which may apply as follows:
- Workers who provide services in certain Medical or High-Risk Settings, may be required to provide proof of full vaccination from COVID-19 or to wear a mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing.
- Workers who provide services in certain Health Care Facilities or correctional facility or detention center where health care is provided, may be required to provide proof of vaccination. (Workers may be exempt from this requirement based on religious beliefs or a qualifying medical reason; however, if exempted worker will be required to mask and undergo weekly COVID-19 testing.)
The position for which you are applying may be required to adhere to any applicable State or County Order. You will receive notification of any requirement as it applies to a position.
NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with “governmentjobs.com” and “ocers.org” If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Click here for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
In addition to the County’s standard suite of benefits, such as a variety of health plan options, annual leave and paid holidays-we also offer an excellent array of benefits such as a Health Care Reimbursement Account, 457 Defined Contribution Plan and Annual Education and Professional Reimbursement. Employees are provided a Retirement Plan through the Orange County Employees Retirement System (OCERS).
Please go to the following link to find out more about Defined Benefit Pensions and OCERS Plan Types/Benefits.
Click here for information about benefits offered to County of Orange employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.